ATI FirePro™ 3D Professional Graphics and ATI Eyefinity Technology Power Dell Precision Workstations
ATI FirePro graphics cards support OpenGL 4.0, DirectX 11, and ATI Eyefinity technology, driving up to three monitors for maximum productivity¹
SUNNYVALE, Calif. - AMD (NYSE: AMD) today announced that ATI FirePro™ V7800, ATI FirePro™ V5800 and ATI FirePro™ V4800 professional graphics cards power Dell Precision workstations, a product line popular with engineers and digital content creation professionals. AMD helps ensure that its ATI FirePro professional graphics cards maximize application performance and reliability by performing over 90 certifications with leading application providers such as Autodesk and Dassault Systèmes SolidWorks.
“AMD and Dell are working together to offer workstation users a combined solution designed for reliable performance and demanding application support,” said Janet Matsuda, senior director, AMD Professional Graphics. “Our new generation of ATI FirePro professional graphics cards enable Dell to offer workstations that accelerate ATI Stream-enabled software applications and deliver unique features, such as ATI Eyefinity technology, enabling increased productivity by way of expanded screen real estate.”
“Dell, the world’s leading workstation provider, is working with AMD to create technological innovations that empower professionals in engineering and digital content creation fields,” said Greg Weir, Senior Manager, Dell Precision Workstations Product and ISV Marketing. “Dell Precision workstations along with the new generation of ATI FirePro graphics provide our workstation professional customers an excellent balance of performance and value.”
ATI FirePro V7800, ATI FirePro V5700 and ATI FirePro V8700 professional graphics cards are immediately available with the Dell Precision R5400, T1500, T3500, T5500 and T7500 Workstations, delivering ultimate performance for workstation class applications. With ATI Eyefinity technology, professionals can drive up to three independent 30” displays at one time from these cards.2 Each card offers support for Microsoft® DirectX®11, OpenGL® 4.0 and OpenCL™ to better meet the needs of professionals for a wide variety of applications and environments.3
* High-end: With 2GB of GDDR5 memory, the ATI FirePro V7800 offers superior performance capabilities and visual quality in a compact single slot form factor. Its massively parallel architecture can handle computationally or visually demanding applications without negatively impacting performance. ATI FirePro V7800 is available with Dell Precision R5400, T3500, T5500 and T7500 Workstations.
* Mid-range: The ATI FirePro V5800 is a true workhorse and offers professionals the ideal balance of price and performance. Featuring 1 GB of GDDR5 memory, the ATI FirePro V5800 delivers more than double the performance capability of the previous generation.4 The ATI FirePro V5800 is available with Dell Precision R5400, T3500, T5500 and T7500 Workstations.
* Entry-level: The ATI FirePro V4800 features 1GB of GDD5 memory and delivers 1.25X the performance capability compared to the previous generation, with outstanding results for entry-level CAD users, all at value level pricing.5 ATI FirePro V4800 is available with Dell Precision R5400, T1500, T3500, T5500 and T7500 Workstations.
* YouTube: ATI FirePro delivers performance and value for Dell Precision workstation customers
* Certification page: ATI FirePro graphics have received more than 90 application certifications
* At Work Blog Unleashing creativity and productivity
* More information: ATI FirePro professional graphics
* Twitter: Follow AMD professional graphics updates @ATIFirePro
* Facebook: Become a fan of AMD technology on Facebook
Advanced Micro Devices (NYSE: AMD) is an innovative technology company dedicated to collaborating with customers and technology partners to ignite the next generation of computing and graphics solutions at work, home and play. For more information, visit http://www.amd.com.
Copyright 2010, Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo, ATI, the ATI logo, FirePro, and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. OpenCL and the OpenCL logo are trademarks of Apple Inc. used by permission by Khronos. Other names are for informational purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective owners.
1. ATI Eyefinity technology can support multiple displays using a single enabled ATI FirePro™ professional graphics card; the number of supported displays varies by card model. Microsoft® Windows® 7, Windows Vista®, or Linux® is required in order to support more than 2 displays. Depending on the card model, native DisplayPort™ connectors and/or certified DisplayPort™ active or passive adapters to convert your monitor’s native input to your card’s DisplayPort™ or Mini-DisplayPort™ connector(s) may be required. ATI Eyefinity technology is supported by the ATI FirePro™ V8800, ATI FirePro™ V7800, ATI FirePro™ V5800 and the ATI FirePro™ V4800 professional graphics cards. See www.amd.com/firepro for details.
2. The ability to support 3 simultaneous displays requires Microsoft Vista and Microsoft Windows 7 and is not supported in Microsoft Windows XP.
3. Currently supports OpenGL® 4.0 in beta. Final driver available on http://www.amd.com.
4. Based on comparison of ATI FirePro™ V5800 with 800 stream processors to ATI FirePro™ V5700 with 320 stream processors.
5. Based on comparison of ATI FirePro™ V4800 with 400 stream processors to ATI FirePro™ V3750 with 320 stream processors.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.