Ooh.com Lists Top Five Healthy Food-Related Activities to Celebrate National Fruit and Vegetable Month
DENVER, June 8, 2010 – June is National Fruit and Vegetable Month. In celebration of this effort to promote healthful eating and encourage the local sourcing and organic movement, Ooh.com is issuing its list of top five healthy food-related activities now available for booking at www.ooh.com. Ooh.com is a proud supporter of organic gardening, as are dozens of Ooh suppliers that have found unique and creative ways for people to enjoy fresh fruits and vegetables.
Ooh’s top five list celebrating National Fruit and Vegetable Month follows:
- Four-hour food foraging tour in Central Park – Join “Wildman” Steve Brill, America’s best-known forager and learn about edible and medicinal wild plants, mushrooms, nature and ecology during a tour of New York’s Central Park.
- Canning made easy - The Institute of Urban Homesteading based in Oakland, Calif., offers classes on simple canning techniques for acid fruits and tomatoes. Learn to can the bounty from your own seasonal organic ingredients in a fail proof method.
- Vegan cooking classes - Spork Foods is a Los Angeles-based gourmet vegan food company offering a variety of cooking classes throughout the summer. Learn to make a variety of healthy vegan dishes such as quinoa salad with fennel and white beans in a lemon basil vinaigrette.
- Greek meze cooking classes - Chef-instructor Jennifer Clair offers a hands-on course to prepare a fabulous Greek meze. The two-hour classes are held in Jennifer’s own country kitchen in New York. Jennifer will share her ideas and experience as you learn to make classic meze dishes.
- Vermont Farm Tours - A Burlington, Vt.-based culinary tour company offers a behind-the-scenes experience to capture the story and flavor of Vermont’s unique culinary landscape. Full-day and half-day excursions are available.
Ooh.com is the global notice board where anyone in the world can list and promote their unique things to do, and where site visitors can browse interesting activities, check availability and book their off-the-beaten-path experiences directly with suppliers via Ooh.com. Only at Ooh.com, can visitors book an off-piste skiing trip in Kashmir, India, a memoir writing class in Paris, or a little-known painting class just around the corner. For more information, visit www.ooh.com.
- Contact Information
- Claire Mylott
- Media Relations
- Chase Communications
- Contact via E-mail
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.