HolidayExtras.comís hassle-free tips for feeding kids on holiday
HolidayExtras.com knows how stressful it can be getting young children to eat healthily. And during family holidays, when holiday makers are far from the comforts of home, the hassles can multiply.
In a recent poll on family holiday eating, 46% of HolidayExtras.comís customers with children said that they donít let them eat any differently on holiday to normal. However, for 18% of those holidaying with little ones, ice creams are slurped more often than usual, and fast foods are more likely to be on the menu for 15%.
In other families, indulgences like sweets and chocolates (9%), chips (6%) and dessert (6%) are eaten more freely when away from home.
Happily, HolidayExtras.com offers a fantastic selection of quality hotels located conveniently close to 26 UK airports, serving up first class service and facilities.
And for those with fussy mouths to feed, Hilton hotels have recently teamed up with leading child nutrition expert, Annabel Karmel, to provide tasty, healthy meals for children up to the age of 10. Plus kids eat free at Hilton hotels when ordering with a paying adult.
Anthony Clarke Cowell, head of commercial at HolidayExtras.com, said: ĒThe results of this survey tell us that our customers expect home-style cooking and do not want to compromise their childrenís health whilst travelling. Old family favourites like fish pie and spaghetti with tomato sauce, using quality ingredients, along with treats like chocolate pudding or ice cream are sure to go down well at tea time. And thatís one less thing for stressed parents to worry about.Ē
Annabel Karmel explains her philosophy: Ē...food is the one element you can control which can determine your childís future health. I aim to give children the best start in life through a healthy nutritious diet.Ē
The Annabel Karmel childrenís menu is available at all of the Hilton airport hotels offered by HolidayExtras.com, including Gatwick, Heathrow, Luton, Stansted, Manchester, Birmingham, East Midlands, Liverpool, Bristol, Southampton, Edinburgh, Dublin and Belfast.
Once youíve re-fuelled on healthy ingredients and family favourites, youíll be able to get a hassle-free start to your family holiday.
Top tips for avoiding tantrums at the holiday table:
* Pre-book an airport hotel with a dinner upgrade for a smooth start to the family getaway
* Self-catering holidays are more flexible for family eating
* Consider a specialist family-friendly holiday, where freshly-prepared, wholesome food is part of the package
* Try to balance eating out with meals made at a holiday home
* Take a few essentials your child canít live without, or even use a delivery service which will ship favourite brands to the holiday destination
* Allow some foods that are usually avoided- after all, you are on holiday
* On the health front, use bottled water and avoid: street stalls; any establishments where you doubt the standard of hygiene; unpasteurised milk or ice cream made from it.
* If staying in a non-English speaking country, take a phrase book containing menu and food translations
* And finally, relax, theyíll survive a week or two without five a day. Enjoy a much more hassle-free holiday.
- Contact Information
- Helen Gillilan
- PR manager
- Holiday Extras
- Contact via E-mail
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.