Intel Honors 26 Companies With Preferred Quality Supplier Award
SANTA CLARA, Calif., March 21, 2006 – Intel Corporation today announced the 26 companies that will receive Intel’s Preferred Quality Supplier (PQS) award for outstanding commitment to quality and performance excellence. These suppliers provided products and services deemed essential to Intel’s business success in 2005. They excelled at meeting and exceeding high expectations and tough performance goals to distinguish themselves from the thousands of suppliers that work with Intel. Winners will be honored at a ceremony tonight in Burlingame, Calif.
Winners of the PQS award are:
AceCo Precision Semiconductor Components; Advantest Corporation; Alphasem; Amkor Technology Inc.; Chaun Choung Technology Corp.; Daifuku Co., Ltd.; DEK Printing Machines Ltd.; Delta Design; Enplas Semiconductor Peripheral Corporation; Fidelity Human Resources Services Company; Fuji Film Electronic Materials; IBM Corporation; ICOS Vision Systems NV; Johnson Controls Inc.; KES Systems and Service (1993) PTE LTD; Komatsu Electronic Metals Co., Ltd.; MiTAC International Corp.; Moses Lake Industries (Tama Chemicals); NuFlare Technology Inc.; Rosendin Electric Inc.; Siliconware Precision Industries Co., Ltd.; Siltronic; The Hibbert Group; Thermal Product Solutions, a Unit of SPX Corporation; Tokyo Ohka Kogyo Co., Ltd.; and Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company.
“We are proud to be associated with the recipients of the Preferred Quality Supplier award,” said Gidu Shroff, Intel vice president and director of materials. “This year’s recipients have demonstrated commitment through outstanding performance in their respective industries and have contributed to Intel’s success. These suppliers have shown their commitment to continuous improvement and dedication to total quality, which is highly valued by Intel.”
“This year’s Preferred Quality Supplier award winners stand out for consistently surpassing Intel’s expectations in technology innovation, quality, affordability, and customer satisfaction,” said Jai Hakhu, Intel vice president and general manager of Technology Manufacturing Engineering. “The suppliers we are recognizing are role models for our industry. Their exemplary commitment to enabling new levels of performance and capabilities is essential to helping Intel deliver products that address future applications for consumers and businesses worldwide.”
The PQS awards are part of Intel’s Supplier Continuous Quality Improvement process that encourages suppliers to strive for excellence and continuous improvement. To qualify for PQS status, suppliers must meet certain criteria in such areas as performance and ability to meet cost, quality, availability, delivery, technological and responsiveness goals. Additional information about the SCQI program is available at supplier.intel.com/quality.
PQS winners provide Intel with the following products and services:
* AceCo Precision Semiconductor Components supplies fab equipment spare parts.
* Advantest Corporation supplies testers and handlers for flash, logic, memory and mixed signal devices.
* Alphasem supplies die sort equipment.
* Amkor Technology Inc. supplies semiconductor assembly and test services.
* Chaun Choung Technology Corp. supplies thermal solutions.
* Daifuku Co., Ltd. supplies automated material handling systems.
* DEK Printing Machines Ltd. supplies printing machines.
* Delta Design supplies test handlers.
* Enplas Semiconductor Peripheral Corporation supplies burn-in and test sockets.
* Fidelity Human Resources Services Company provides defined benefit and defined contribution administrative services.
* Fuji Film Electronic Materials supplies advanced materials, wet chemistry and equipment.
* IBM Corporation supplies xSeries* servers and Intellistation* workstations.
* ICOS Vision Systems NV supplies component inspection equipment.
* Johnson Controls Inc. provides facility maintenance and management.
* KES Systems and Service (1993) PTE LTD supplies burn in board, test interface units and tooling maintenance.
* Komatsu Electronic Metals Co., Ltd. supplies epitaxial and annealed silicon wafers.
* MiTAC International Corp. supplies motherboard assembly and design services.
* Moses Lake Industries (Tama Chemicals) supplies plating and high purity chemicals.
* NuFlare Technology Inc. supplies mask writers.
* Rosendin Electric Inc. provides electrical construction services.
* Siliconware Precision Industries Co., Ltd. supplies semiconductor assembly and test services.
* Siltronic supplies polished and epitaxial silicon wafers.
* The Hibbert Group supplies marketing collateral fulfillment services.
* Thermal Product Solutions, a Unit of SPX Corporation supplies pre-bake and cure ovens.
* Tokyo Ohka Kogyo Co., Ltd. supplies lithography materials.
* Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company supplies processed wafers.
Intel, the world leader in silicon innovation, develops technologies, products and initiatives to continually advance how people work and live. Additional information about Intel is available at www.intel.com/pressroom.
Intel is a trademark or registered trademark of Intel Corporation or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.
* Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.
- Contact Information
- Tom Beermann
- Press Relations
- Intel Corporation
- Contact via E-mail
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.