Military Channel Salutes Loyal Audiences with First Ever Viewer’s Choice Month
Military Channel’s Online Polls Open Thursday, March 11 for the “Battle of the Branches” Pitting the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines and Coast Guard Against Each Other
(Silver Spring, Md.) This April, Military Channel is putting its viewers at the top of the chain of command for the network’s first ever VIEWER’S CHOICE MONTH. Every Thursday night’s primetime lineup in April will be chosen by the Military Channel fans, appointing them “programmers-in-chief” of the network. Each week plays host to a particular genre as fans go to http://www.military.discovery.com/tv/viewers-choice to vote for their favorite selection in each category. Kicking off VIEWER’S CHOICE MONTH is the “Battle of the Branches” where divisions of the U.S. Military - Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines and Coast Guard - square off in a popularity contest chosen by Military Channel’s viewers. Whichever branch gets the most votes will win and seize control of the Military Channel on Thursday, April 1 from 8-11 PM (ET).
Starting Thursday, March 11, the VIEWER’S CHOICE MONTH polls open online at http://www.military.discovery.com/tv/viewers-choice and fans can begin to vote on their top picks in each genre. Video previews and sneak peeks of the episodes offer insight into what will be on the air for each selection. With a robust library of Military Channel’s series and specials to choose from, viewers have the chance to bring victory to their favorite branch, historical eras or combat weaponry as they take command of Military Channel.
A breakdown of the weekly programming battles is as follows:
* Battle of the Branches (Thursday, April 1 from 8-11 PM): With good-natured rivalry expected, which U.S. Military branch will be the network’s fan favorite? Will it be the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines or Coast Guard?
* Battle of the Weapons (Thursday, April 8 from 8-11 PM): Tanks, submarines, airplanes, aircraft carriers and guns go head-to-head. Which high-powered weaponry will reign supreme?
* Battle of the Battles (Thursday, April 15 from 8-11 PM): Which battle will be reenacted? With Gettysburg, Stalingrad, Pearl Harbor, Normandy or Baghdad on the list, viewers could see anything from cannonballs to stealth fighters.
* Battle of the Wars (Thursday, April 22 from 8-11 PM): Historical turning-points clash to see which era takes the top spot between WWI, WWII, Korean War, Vietnam War or Gulf War.
* Battle of the Shows (Thursday, April 29 from 8-11 PM): It’s the showdown of Military Channel’s most popular series including World at War, Hitler’s Bodyguarda, Ultimate Weapons, Great Planes or Special Ops Mission.
About Military Channel
The Military Channel brings viewers compelling, real-world stories of heroism, military strategy, and significant turning points in history. The network takes viewers “behind the lines” to hear the personal stories of servicemen and women and offers in-depth explorations of military training, aviation technology and cutting-edge weaponry. As the only cable network devoted to military subjects, it also provides unique access to this world, allowing viewers to experience and understand the full spectrum of human drama, courage, and patriotism intrinsic to the armed forces, as well as, the long-held traditions of the military. For more information, please visit military.discovery.com.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.