Website launched for entrepreneurs looking at working from home, typing
A new website launches to assist job hunters who are looking for online work, and specifically ’working from home typing’ work.
March 8, 2010 – Launched recently, ’Working From Home Typing’(WorkingFromHomeTyping.org) is hoping to help those entrepreneurs who are looking to top up their weekly income in a currently slow economy. There are numerous reports on the internet regarding entrepreneurs who started their online career by writing for a living. Essentially classed as an entrepreneur, these are people from a broad range of backgrounds.
A study performed by the Kauffman foundation for entrepreneurship wrote a report with statistics on entrepreneurs, stating the following:
1. The average and median age of company founders when they started their current companies was 40.
2. 95.1 percent of respondents had earned bachelor’s degrees, with 47 percent had more advanced degrees.
3. Less than 1 percent came from extremely rich or extremely poor backgrounds.
4. 15.2% of founders had siblings that previously started a business.
5. 69.9 percent of respondents were married when they launched their first business. An additional 5.2 percent were divorced, separated, or widowed.
6. 59.7 percent of respondents indicated they had at least one child when they launched their first business, and 43.5 percent had two or more children.
7. The majority of the entrepreneurs in the sample were serial entrepreneurs. The average number of businesses launched by respondents was approximately 2.3.
8. 74.8 percent indicated desire to build wealth as an important motivation in becoming an entrepreneur.
9. Only 4.5 percent said the inability to find traditional employment was an important factor in starting a business.
10. Entrepreneurs are usually better educated than their parents.
11. More than half (51.9 percent) of respondents were the first in their families to launch a business.
12. The majority of respondents (75.4 percent) had worked as employees at other companies for more than six years before launching their own companies.
These new entrepreneurs take the first step toward working for themselves online, or supplementing their income, by researching various in-roads such as article writing and as an outsourced worker on sites such as Elance.com and GetaFreelancer.com. These websites offer the possibility of regular and legitimate paid work for hard working individuals all over the world.
Mark Byrne, co-owner of WorkingFromHomeTyping.org said: “The aim is to release information to the masses, which would usually be obscured by the general hype surrounding the industry. A straightforward approach was needed, and our site was born. I remember starting out and working as a freelancer, and being bombarded on every forum or information site. I just wanted to do things differently for our audience.”
For more information about this new venture, visit WorkingFromHomeTyping.org.
- Contact Information
- Mark Byrne and Katie Beard
- MB Enterprises
- Contact via E-mail
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.