New ATI Radeon™ HD 5830 Graphics Card Brings Huge Performance, More Choice for DirectX® 11 Gaming
Newest addition brings all the features of the ATI Radeon™ HD 5800 series, great performance and even lower price
SUNNYVALE, Calif. - AMD (NYSE: AMD) today introduced the ATI Radeon™ HD 5830 graphics card, bringing gamers the cutting-edge features and performance of the award-winning ATI Radeon™ HD 5800 series at a lower price than ever before at less than $250 USD.1 With the introduction of the ATI Radeon HD 5830, gamers have another great choice in graphics hardware, with full support for DirectX® 11 gaming, ATI Eyefinity technology,2 and ATI Stream capabilities.3
“The ATI Radeon™ HD 5830 graphics card makes enthusiast-level performance even more accessible to gamers, adding another compelling choice to the award-winning ATI Radeon™ HD 5800 series,” said Matt Skynner, vice president and general manager, AMD Graphics Division. “Cutting-edge features such as full DirectX® 11 support, ATI Eyefinity multi-display capabilities and ATI Stream technology position the ATI Radeon™ HD 5830 graphics card to become a favorite with the gaming community.”
* Product page: ATI Radeon™ HD 5830 graphics product information
* Twitter: Follow AMD graphics news on Twitter at @ATIGraphics
* Facebook: Become a fan of AMD technology on Facebook
Advanced Micro Devices (NYSE: AMD) is an innovative technology company dedicated to collaborating with customers and technology partners to ignite the next generation of computing and graphics solutions at work, home and play. For more information, visit http://www.amd.com.
1. SEP for ATI Radeon™ HD 5830 graphics card is $239 USD.
2. ATI Eyefinity technology can support up to 6 displays using a single enabled ATI Radeon™ graphics card - the number of displays may vary by board design and you should confirm exact specifications with the applicable manufacturer before purchase. ATI Eyefinity technology works with games that support non-standard aspect ratios, which is required for panning across multiple displays. To enable more than two displays, additional panels with native DisplayPort™ connectors, and/or certified DisplayPort™ adapters to convert your monitor’s native input to your cards DisplayPort™ or Mini-DisplayPort™ connector(s), are required.
3. Requires application support for ATI Stream technology.
4. As reported by IGN.com on February 11, 2010: http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/106/1068626p1.html
AMD, the AMD Arrow logo, ATI, the ATI logo, Radeon, and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Microsoft, Windows, and DirectX are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other jurisdictions. Other names are for informational purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective owners.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.