AMD Delivers Performance, Stability, and Expanded Feature Set with New ATI Catalyst™ Driver Updates
ATI Catalyst™ 10.2 and 10.3 graphics driver updates provide new features and functionality for 3D gaming, notebook computers, and ATI Eyefinity technology
SUNNYVALE, Calif. - AMD (NYSE: AMD) today announced several new ATI Catalyst™ graphics driver features designed to enable higher performance, industry-leading stability and an even more intuitive computing experience for ATI Radeon™ graphics customers. Two ATI Catalyst™ driver updates unlock the new features, the first coming today in ATI Catalyst™ update, version 10.2, and the second scheduled for release in March. The releases represent AMD’s ongoing commitment to providing regular driver updates focusing on stability, performance and innovation for users of ATI Radeon™ graphics processors.
“As the first and, to date, only company to provide DirectX® 11 technology and ATI Eyefinity multi-display technology, AMD continues to demonstrate our commitment to innovation in graphics,” said Ben Bar-Haim, corporate vice-president, Software, AMD. “Our monthly ATI Catalyst™ driver updates further illustrate that commitment as we focus on continually enabling greater performance, even more rock solid stability, and intuitive, innovative features.”
“The visual experience delivered by today’s personal computers is made possible as much by the driver software layer as it is by the tremendous feature set and performance of the latest graphics cards”, said Jon Peddie, founder, Jon Peddie Research. “The AMD Graphics Division has internalized this and has created a centre of excellence around driver updates, bringing customers monthly improvements and features in addition to added stability and performance.”
Key features of ATI Catalyst graphics drivers, version 10.2:
* Better game performance, sooner: Game profiles help optimize performance so that gamers get an amazing experience. AMD is focusing its efforts to provide access to game profiles when a new game launches – often on the day of launch - and AMD plans to post a separate executable file on AMD.com that users can install to get access to the latest application profiles for improved performance.
* More powerful panoramic gaming with ATI CrossFireX™ technology: Fans of ATI CrossFireX™ multi-GPU technology can now take advantage of the additional graphics horsepower to help increase game performance or image quality settings when using ATI Eyefinity multi-display technology.1
Key features of ATI Catalyst graphics drivers, version 10.3, scheduled for release in March, 2010:
* Monthly updates for the mobile crowd: Starting in March, AMD plans to issue stability, performance and feature enhancements in monthly ATI Catalyst™ driver updates for Windows® 7 and Windows Vista™-based notebooks that feature ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 2000, HD 3000, HD 4000 and HD 5000 series premium graphics processors. AMD is working closely with most major notebook manufacturers to ensure broad support for this initiative.
* ATI Eyefinity technology, made better: To further enhance the immersive visual experience of ATI Eyefinity technology, users will now have access to an easy-to-use wizard that will allow them to adjust their display layout to compensate for monitor bezels. In addition, users will be able to adjust the brightness, color and contrast for each individual monitor for greater customization and calibration of each screen in their ATI Eyefinity set-up.1
* Enabling the 3D ecosystem: AMD is enabling third-party middleware vendors to bring more 3D stereoscopic gaming options to consumers by allowing for independent left and right images at 120 Hz.
* Product page: ATI Radeon™ graphics product information
* Product page: Discover a new realm of panoramic computing with ATI Eyefinity technology
* Video: It’s so easy to upgrade your PC’s graphics, even a monkey can do it
* Twitter: Follow AMD graphics news on Twitter at @ATIGraphics
* Facebook: Become a fan of AMD technology on Facebook
Advanced Micro Devices (NYSE: AMD) is an innovative technology company dedicated to collaborating with customers and technology partners to ignite the next generation of computing and graphics solutions at work, home and play. For more information, visit http://www.amd.com.
AMD, the AMD Arrow logo, ATI, the ATI logo, Catalyst, CrossFireX, Mobility, Radeon, and combinations thereof, are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Other names are for informational purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective owners.
1. ATI Eyefinity technology can support multiple displays using a single enabled ATI Radeon™ graphics card with Windows Vista or Windows 7 operating systems - the number of displays may vary by board design and you should confirm exact specifications with the applicable manufacturer before purchase. ATI Eyefinity technology works with games that support non-standard aspect ratios, which is required for panning across multiple displays. To enable more than two displays, additional panels with native DisplayPort™ connectors, and/or certified DisplayPort™ adapters to convert your monitor’s native input to your cards DisplayPort™ or Mini-DisplayPort™ connector(s), are required.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.