Sybase Advanced IP ‘Centre of Excellence’ Leading Mobile Operator Transition to 4G Networks
Company Working at Industry Level to Spearhead Innovation And Pave the Way into IP World
BARCELONA, SPAIN — GSMA MOBILE WORLD CONGRESS — Sybase 365, a subsidiary of Sybase, Inc. (NYSE: SY), the global leader in mobile messaging and mobile commerce services, today announced the availability of the Sybase® Advanced IP ‘Centre of Excellence’, a unique environment for mobile operators to test, validate and refine their IP messaging implementations. Leveraging the Sybase Advanced IP Messaging Server (AIMS) platform launched in October 2009, the Centre of Excellence enables operators to test and deploy 4G strategies without halting current processes and operations.
“When dealing with IP networks and IMS implementations, there are many unresolved questions. As a long-term trusted partner of mobile operators around the world, Sybase continues to work closely at the industry level to take the lead and help facilitate the transition into the IP world,” said Steven Griset, Vice President, R&D at Sybase. “We have a strong history and expertise in providing applications and services to our operator customers and our Advanced IP Centre of Excellence is intended to help mobile operators manage the risk and reap the benefits of 4G and IMS deployment.”
To offer the industry’s most comprehensive Centre of Excellence, Sybase has partnered with several companies including GENBAND, a leading worldwide supplier of high-performance, high-security IP gateway solutions, which is providing security and transcoding functions.
“We at GENBAND are pleased to work with Sybase to enable exciting new service provider applications,” said Mehmet Balos, Chief Marketing Officer, GENBAND. “Our GSMA approved S3™ SBC and proven transcoding solution allows service providers to leverage IPX opportunities.”
The Sybase Advanced IP Centre of Excellence features advanced architecture for application delivery, and enables operators to differentiate their service offerings with unique mobile applications that include:
* Live Address Book (contacts and presence) – Contacts in consumers’ address books are augmented with availability, mood, capability, and location.
* Geo-rewards (vouchers and location) – Merchants can offer discounts to shoppers based on shopping history and the amount stored in shoppers’ digital wallets.
* 4G Messaging (IP messaging, presence, and policy) – Consumers can communicate with users on 3G and other 4G networks, and specify message delivery preferences based on location and time.
* 4G Mobile Wallet (IMS services monetization) – Enables the rapid deployment of a digital mobile wallet, mobile airtime topup, and mRemittance applications, providing customers with an easy, end-to-end roll-out of mCommerce offerings across a single platform.
To learn more about the Advanced IP Centre of Excellence:
* Visit Sybase 365: Mobile World Congress, Barcelona, Feb 15–18 Hall 2, Booth 2A15
* Download: the whitepaper detailing the AIMS architecture, core design details, and specifics of how it can help operators manage the risk of 4G and IMS deployment while taking full advantage of the opportunities these new networks provide.
For mobile operators to join the Centre of Excellence:
* Email: email@example.com
* Phone: Americas – +1 925 236 5160
EMEA – +44 207 648 5300
ASIA-PACIFIC – + 65 6571 3500
In Related News:
Sybase announced Sybase® IPX 365™ — a full suite of IP eXchange (IPX) services designed to serve both the fixed and mobile network operator communities with premium quality of service and security required in the conversion to IP networks.
About Sybase 365
Sybase 365, a subsidiary of Sybase, Inc. (NYSE: SY), is the global leader in enabling mobile information services for mobile operators, financial institutions and enterprises. We provide our customers with the widest offering in SMS, MMS, GRX, IPX interoperability, end-to-end mobile commerce solutions, innovative mCRM, mobile marketing and content delivery services. Sybase 365 processes more than 1.3 billion messages per day, reaching over 850 operators and 4 billion subscribers around the world. For more information, visit: www.sybase.com/365. Read our blogs: http://blogs.sybase.com
Sybase and Sybase 365 are trademarks or registered trademarks of Sybase, Inc. All other company and product names mentioned may be trademarks of the respective companies with which they are associated. ® indicates registration in the United States.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.