Navistar Announces Product Enhancements to International WorkStar and PayStar Severe Service Trucks
Beyond Hassle-free MaxxForce® Advanced EGR Engines, Industry-leading Severe Service Lineup Adds Several Customer-Focused Features
LAS VEGAS - At a press conference at the annual World of Concrete trade show, Navistar International Corporation (NYSE: NAV) today announced a number of customer-centric product enhancements to the International® WorkStar® and International® PayStar® severe service trucks.
From driver-comfort features to new axle configurations, these enhancements will provide customers with the reliability and performance they’ve come to expect from the industry-leading lineup of International brand severe service trucks. New enhancements for the International PayStar and WorkStar models include:
For International WorkStar models:
• Heavy-duty diesel WorkStar models (7600 and 7700) are combined into one model with two variations, 7600SBA (46” set-back axle) and 7600 SFA (30” set-forward axle). Both models will feature a new 113” BBC (bumper to the back-of-cab) for increased cooling efficiency.
• A crew cab configuration is now available in heavy-duty diesel models with front axle ratings up to 18,000 pounds for select applications
• All-wheel drive (AWD) is now available up to 18,000 pounds on front axles on mid-range diesel configurations
• Steerable 20,000-pound lift axles are now available direct from the factory
• Now standard on the WorkStar, aluminum fuel tanks improve corrosion resistance and reduce weight
• HVAC system has been redesigned to improve in-cab comfort and system reliability
For International PayStar models:
• Electronic stability control is now available on all PayStar models
• 8,000-, 13,200- and 20,000-pound lift axles are now available direct from the factory
• New 10.25-inch x 3/8-inch frame rails are now standard equipment on the PayStar 5900 SBA. The 10.25-inch frame rail provides customers with a strong vocational frame in applications where vehicle weight is important.
• MaxxForce® 11 and MaxxForce 13 diesel engines will be available in the PayStar in the months ahead.
• MaxxForce 15 will be available in late-2010.
“We continue to focus on meeting the needs of vocational customers by delivering innovative, best-in-class products for a wide range of severe service applications,” said Jim Hebe, senior vice president, Navistar’s North American sales operations. “With great products, an extensive dealer network, and the best after-sales support in the industry, International’s severe service lineup continues to be the market leader.”
The foundation of Navistar’s customer-focused approach is built on its lineup of customer-friendly, hassle-free 2010 MaxxForce Advanced EGR (exhaust gas recirculation) engines. WorkStar and PayStar with MaxxForce Advanced EGR engines are the only severe service trucks in the industry that won’t require the additional weight and packaging challenges that come with competitors’ SCR (selective catalytic reduction) systems. In addition, MaxxForce Advanced EGR engines let drivers drive without worrying about finding or adding urea to their vehicles.
“Our MaxxForce Advanced EGR engines truly differentiate ourselves from the competition,” Hebe added. “More than any segment in commercial trucks, severe service truck customers don’t want to deal with the uncertainty and inconvenience of SCR. With our WorkStar and PayStar trucks integrated with MaxxForce Advanced EGR engines, they won’t have to.”
Navistar International Corporation (NYSE: NAV) is a holding company whose subsidiaries and affiliates produce International® brand commercial and military trucks, MaxxForce® brand diesel engines, IC Bus™ brand school and commercial buses, Monaco RV brands of recreational vehicles, and Workhorse® brand chassis for motor homes and step vans. It also is a private-label designer and manufacturer of diesel engines for the pickup truck, van and SUV markets. The company also provides truck and diesel engine service parts. Another affiliate offers financing services. Additional information is available at www.Navistar.com/newsroom.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.