HBO.COM Re-launches Into A Premier Brand Destination
Newly imagined site is the ultimate companion to viewers’ favorite
HBO programs with enhanced content, features and a superior video experience
In keeping with its brand of groundbreaking entertainment, HBO is unveiling a newly imagined and flash-based web site (www.HBO.com) that truly reflects the network’s innovative brand, broad-range of quality programming and reputation for technical innovation. The fully integrated site incorporates vibrant and seamless content that brings a more robust level of engagement to consumers and fans of HBO shows, including newly designed presentations of popular features like episode guides, cast and crew information, behind-the-scenes clips, music, locations and more.
“We wanted to create a rich, interactive online destination worthy of the HBO brand,” said Alison Moore, vice president, Brand Strategy and Digital Platforms. “Fully dynamic, the new HBO.com allows us to extend HBO’s promotional digital footprint through a rich and engaging design that is built upon a platform of technical innovation. ”
Optimized to provide a totally immersive experience on any computer, the site’s key expanded features include:
· Streaming Video – high quality videos including previews, clips and trailers of favorite HBO shows in full screen resolution, regardless of monitor size, that provide users with more of a TV-watching experience than a PC-viewing experience.
· Enhanced schedule – easy to use and accessible from every page on the site, this enhanced feature includes the HBO HD and HBO On Demand schedules as well as email reminders and filters for your favorite programs.
· Community –upload your photo, create a personal identity and establish a unique voice by posting comments and stories throughout the site. Gain credibility and status as a person in the know, plus go directly to the source by interacting with HBO Insiders and Guests to forge fresh connections and join the conversation.
· Shareability – share content with friends in and outside of the HBO community, with a robust set of share tools that includes email, video embed and post functionality.
· Personal dashboard – create a dashboard of favorites, plus bookmark discussions, clips, and even get recommendations for new content based on favored programs.
The new HBO.com web site was designed and executed by HBO in partnership with R/GA and Roundarch. Home Box Office, Inc. is the premium television programming subsidiary of Time Warner Inc., providing two 24-hour pay television services – HBO® and Cinemax® – to over 40 million U.S. subscribers. The services offer the most popular subscription video on demand products, HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On DemandSM, as well as HBO GOSM, HD feeds and multiplex channels. Internationally, HBO branded television networks, along with the subscription video on demand products HBO On Demand and HBO Mobile®, bring HBO services to over 50 countries. HBO programming is sold into over 150 countries worldwide.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.