Oracle and Fujitsu Siemens Computers Achieve World Record Result on Two-Tier SAP® BW Benchmark on Fujitsu PRIMEPOWER
Companies Continue Long History of Shattering Leading Benchmark Results.
REDWOOD SHORES, Calif. and MUNICH 15-MAR-2006 Oracle and Fujitsu Siemens Computers strengthen their leadership in the continued delivery of record-setting benchmarks with today’s world record result on the two-tier SAP® Business Information Warehouse (SAP BW) Standard Application Benchmark(1). This result surpasses IBM DB2’s best SAP BW Standard Application Benchmark results – two-tier(2) and three-tier(3) – and underscores the superior query processing power of Oracle® Database 10g and Sparc64 V running the mission-critical SAP BW solution, a component of the SAP NetWeaver® Business Intelligence (SAP NetWeaver BI) solution.
Running the SAP BW 3.5 workload, Oracle Database 10g achieved the leading world record performance result of 377,280 QS/h (query navigation steps per hour) on a Fujitsu PRIMEPOWER 850 server with 16 SPARC64 V processors running the Sun Solaris 10 operating system. The scenario included 32 GB main memory, which corresponds to 467,200,000 records in the fact table.
“This benchmark intensifies the trust and confidence of our customers that they can rely on Oracle, Fujitsu Siemens Computers and Fujitsu Limited regarding availability and scalability of their Business Intelligence solution being the basis for entrepreneurial decisions,” said Jens-Peter Seick, vice president Enterprise Server Business, Fujitsu Siemens Computers.
“This benchmark again demonstrates our ability to deliver exceptional results in even the most demanding customer environments,” said Richard Sarwal, vice president of Server Performance at Oracle. “Together with Fujitsu Siemens Computers, we are delivering record-setting performance that is unmatched by the competition.”
In addition to holding the performance world record for the two-tier SAP BW Standard Application Benchmark, Oracle and Fujitsu Siemens Computers together hold a number of SAP benchmark performance world records including: two-tier SAP Sales and Distribution (SD) Standard Application Benchmark(4) and the two-tier SAP Assemble-to-Order (ATO) Standard Application Benchmark(5). The Oracle Database is the preferred database for deployments of SAP solutions.
About SAP Standard Application Benchmarks
SAP Standard Application Benchmarks were developed by SAP to provide comparative load analysis of SAP solutions. For more details see http://www.sap.com/benchmark.
About Oracle Database 10g
The only database designed for grid computing, Oracle Database 10g delivers superior performance, scalability, availability, security and ease of management on a low-cost grid of industry standard storage and servers. Oracle Database 10g is designed to be effectively deployed on everything from small blade servers to the biggest SMP servers and clusters of all sizes. It features automated management capabilities for easy, cost-effective operation. Oracle Database 10g’s unique ability to manage data from traditional business information to XML documents and spatial/location information makes it the ideal choice to power online transaction processing, decision support and content management applications.
About Fujitsu Siemens Computers
Fujitsu Siemens Computers is the leading European IT provider with a strategic focus on next-generation Mobility and Dynamic Data Center products, services and solutions. With a portfolio of exceptional depth, our offering extends from handhelds through desktops to enterprise-class IT infrastructure solutions. Fujitsu Siemens Computers has a presence in all key markets across Europe, the Middle East and Africa. Leveraging the strengths, innovation and global reach of our joint shareholders, Fujitsu Limited and Siemens AG, we make sure we meet the needs of customers: large corporations, small and medium enterprises and private users. The company is a member of the United Nations Global Compact initiative. For more information about Fujitsu Siemens Computers, please visit: http://www.fujitsu-siemens.com.
About Fujitsu Computer Systems Corporation
Headquartered in Sunnyvale, Calif., Fujitsu Computer Systems is a wholly owned subsidiary of Fujitsu Limited (TSE:6702) committed to the design, development and delivery of advanced computer systems and managed services for the business enterprise. The company offers a complete line of high-performance mobile and desktop computers, scalable and reliable servers as well as managed and professional services. Fujitsu Computer Systems emphasizes leading-edge technology, exceptional product quality, and productivity, as well as outstanding customer service. More information on Fujitsu Computer Systems is available at http://us.fujitsu.com/computers.
# # #
Oracle, JD Edwards, PeopleSoft and Siebel are registered trademarks of Oracle Corporation and/or its affiliates. SAP, SAP NetWeaver, R/3 and all other SAP product and service names mentioned herein as well as their respective logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of SAP AG in Germany and in several other countries all over the world. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
As of March 14, 2006. For more details, please see http://www.sap.com/benchmark
(1) Certification Number 2006014 -- The two-tier SAP Business Information Warehouse 3.5 Standard Application Benchmark suite performed on February 28, 2006, by Fujitsu Siemens Computers in Paderborn, Germany, was certified on March 14, 2006 with the following data. The scenario for 32GB main memory which corresponds to 467,200,000 records in fact table was used. Load Phase - Average throughput total step 1+2 (rows/hour): 53,255,652. Query Navigation Steps: 377,280. The software configuration for all steps of the SAP BW Benchmark: Operating system central server: SUN Solaris 10. RDBMS: Oracle 10g. Platform Release: SAP NetWeaver ’04. Configuration: Central server: Fujitsu Primepower 850, 16 processors/16 Cores/16 threads, SPARC64 V, 2.16 GHz, 128 KB (D) + 128 KB(I) L1 cache, 4 MB L2 cache, and 32 GB main memory.
(2) Certification Number 2006004 -- The two-tier SAP Business Information Warehouse 3.5 Standard Application Benchmark suite performed on January 5, 2006, by IBM in Rochester, MN, USA, was certified on January 24, 2006, with the following data. The scenario for 16GB main memory which corresponds to 233,600,000 records in fact table was used. Load Phase - Average throughput total step 1+ 2 (rows/hour): 35,139,562. Query Navigation Steps: 250,236. The software configuration for all steps of the SAP BW Benchmark: Operating system central server: IBM i5/OS V5R4. RDBMS: IBM DB2 UDB for i5/OS V5R4. Platform Release: SAP NetWeaver ’04. Configuration: Central server: IBM eServer i5 Model 570, 8 processors/8 Cores/16 threads, POWER5+, 2.2 GHz, 32 KB (D) + 64 KB(1) L1 cache, 1.9 MB L2 cache, 36 MB L3 cache, and 16 GB main memory.
(3) Certification Number 2005043 -- The three-tier SAP Business Information Warehouse 3.5 Standard Application Benchmark suite performed on September 22, 2005, by IBM in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, was certified on October 19, 2005, with the following data. The scenario for 64GB main memory which corresponds to 934,400,000 records in fact table was used. Load Phase - Average throughput total step 1+ 2 (rows/hour): 6,268,687. Query Navigation Steps: 311,004. The software configuration for all steps of the SAP BW Benchmark: Operating system: SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 9 (64-bit). RDBMS: IBM DB2 UDB 8.2.3 (64-bit). Platform Release: SAP NetWeaver ’04 (64-bit). Configuration: Cluster of 32 servers, each server: IBM x346 Model 884041U, 1 processor/1 Core/2 threads, Intel XEON, 3.6 GHz, L1 execution trace cache, 2 MB L2 cache, and 2 GB main memory.
(4) Certification Number 2005013 -- The two-tier SAP Sales and Distribution Standard Application Benchmark performed on March 11, 2005, by Fujitsu in Tokyo, Japan, was certified on March 24, 2005, with the following data: Number of benchmark users and comp.: 21,000 SAP SD Benchmark users. Average dialog response time: 1.91 seconds. Throughput: Fully processed order line items/hour: 2,116,330. Dialog steps/hour: 6,349,000. SAPS: 105,820. Average DB request time (dia/upd): 0.026 sec / 0.021 sec. CPU utilization of central server: 98%. Operating system central server: Solaris 9. RDBMS: Oracle9i Database. SAP R/3� Release: Enterprise 4.70. Total database disk space: 452 GB. Configuration: Central server: Fujitsu PRIMEPOWER 2500, 128-way SMP, SPARC64 V, 2080 MHz, 256 KB L1 cache, 4 MB L2 cache, and 512 GB main memory.
(5) Certification Number 2001018 -- The two-tier SAP Assemble-to-Order (ATO) Standard Application Benchmark performed on May 10, 2001, by Fujitsu Siemens Computers in Paderborn, Germany, was certified on May 29, 2001, with the following data: Fully business processed Assembly Orders/hour(*): 34,260. CPU utilization central server: 89%. Operating system: Solaris 8. RDBMS: Oracle 8.1.7. SAP R/3 Release: 4.6B. Total disk space: 2,548 GB. Configuration: 1 Central Server: Fujitsu Siemens Primepower 2000, 128-processors SMP, Sparc64 560 MHz, 8 MB L2 cache, and 128 GB main memory. (*) Assembly Order: Request to assemble pre-manufactured parts and assemblies to finished products according to an existing sales order.
- Contact Information
- Teri Whitaker
- Contact via E-mail
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.