"Avatar" and Other 3D Movies Set the Stage for 3D TV Debut
SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. - The popularity of Avatar and other 3D movies will put 3D TV on the map for consumers, reports In-Stat (http://www.in-stat.com). 2010 will be a big year for 3D entertainment, as movie studios release more 3D films shown in a growing number of 3D-equipped theaters.
ďExposure to 3D films is important to the debut of 3D TV, because consumers who have seen 3D films are more interested than the general population in being able to view 3D content at home,Ē says Michelle Abraham, In-Stat analyst. ďIn-Statís 3D consumer survey shows that 64% of consumers are at least somewhat interested in 3D in the home. For those who have seen a 3D movie in the last 12 months, the percentage increases to 76%.Ē
Recent research by In-Stat found the following:
* In-Stat projects worldwide 3D TV shipments will reach 41 million in 2014.
* 3D Blu-ray player shipments will track closely with 3D TVs.
* Pricing is a major barrier, as survey respondents are not willing to pay much of a premium for 3D TV sets and Blu-ray players.
* Many Pay-TV operators will use half resolution 3D as a stepping stone and learning opportunity for full HD 3D in the future.
* On a regional basis, North America will be the largest market.
Recent In-Stat research, 3D TV Coming Soon to a Home Near You (#IN0904469MBS), covers the worldwide market for 3D television. It includes:
* Examination of the 3D eco-system: 3D formats, 3D content, consumer interest in 3D, transmitting 3D to the home, and 3D consumer devices.
* Worldwide five-year forecasts for 3D channels, 3D TV set shipments, ASPs, revenues by region, and 3D Blu-ray player shipments through 2014.
* Analysis of 3D standards and formats, and 3D content availability.
For a free sample of the report and more information please contact: Elaine Potter, firstname.lastname@example.org or (480) 483-4441
To purchase it online, please visit: http://www.instat.com/catalog/mmcatalogue.asp?id=288
The price is $3,495 (US).
This research is part of In-Statís Multimedia Broadband Services service. Broadband and video services are everywhere, but determining which service offerings will be the most successful is a multi-billion dollar question. In-Statís MBS research provides a worldwide, comprehensive perspective on the delivery of consumer broadband voice, video, and data services. The service assesses the strengths and weaknesses of each delivery pipe, and provides invaluable data on service enablers and blockers. MBS also examines existing and potential subscribers, competitive business models, industry agendas, and key cross-market combatants.
* Title: 3D TV Coming Soon to a Home Near You
* Service: Multimedia Broadband Services
* Product Number: IN0904469MBS
* Publication Date: January 2010
* Number of Pages: 34
* Price: $3,495 U.S. Dollars
* Abstract, Table of Contents, Figures & Tables
* Members Only Access: Full text HTML , PDF
In-Statís market intelligence combines technical, market and end-user research and database models to analyze the Mobile Internet and Digital Entertainment ecosystems. Our insights are derived from a deep understanding of technology impacts, nearly 30 years of history in research and consulting, and direct relationships with leading players in each of our core markets. In-Stat provides its research through reports, annual subscriptions, consulting and advisory services to inform critical decisions. Technology and semiconductor vendors, infrastructure and device manufacturers, service providers and media companies worldwide rely on partnerships with In-Statís tenured, experienced staff and on our in-depth market intelligence to support critical business, product and technology decisions.
In-Stat is a strategic segment of the $9 billion Reed Elsevier global information network, with access to an expansive worldwide electronic network, extensive technology databases and well-informed personnel. As a member of Reed Business Information, In-Stat is a division of the largest business-to-business publisher in the U.S.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.