Farmers Get Thanks for Putting Food on America’s Tables
ST. LOUIS – American farmers are being heralded as “unsung heroes” and the “backbone of this great U.S.A.” by visitors to a Monsanto Web site designed to show appreciation for the role of agriculture.
The Web site – http://www.americasfarmers.com – tells the American agriculture success story and enables visitors to post messages of thanks to U.S. farmers who help feed, fuel and clothe the world. It is one component of Monsanto’s new farmer advocacy campaign, which is designed to increase consumer awareness about the key contributions of America’s farmers.
“Agriculture is a vital U.S. industry, but it remains largely unseen for most Americans,” says Lisa Drake, Monsanto State and Local Government Affairs Lead. “This Web site showcases the hard work and dedication of the farmers who provide our abundant food supply that is generally taken for granted.”
Following are sample expressions of thanks posted on the site, which also features a video and facts about America’s farmers:
* “You are taken for granted too often...we all are very blessed that you do what you do.” – Pat, Syracuse, N.Y.
* “I have held a starving child in my arms in Africa and thought, how blessed I am to have a full plate at home. Bless you all!” – Brian
* “As far as I’m concerned, there is no other job more important, than that of a farmer! God bless you and your hands.” – Lori C., Bedford, VA
* “You are the unsung heroes for most of us who are healthy because we eat what you produce.” – J. H.
* “Farmers are the backbone of this great U.S.A. Thank you all for everything you do.” –Countryboy
* “Farmers work 24/7 365 in the field and at home. They are feeding not only you and me but the troops that keep us free. Thank you.” – Jim
* “I would like to thank all the farmers for what you do for my family and our country and to let you know you are appreciated.” – Kevin B.
The advocacy campaign also features radio and television ads airing in urban markets about the importance of agriculture to our nation.
The ads and Web site demonstrate how America’s farmers grow our economy, care for our land and provide for us every day. The agriculture industry exports nearly $100 billion of crops and products while providing more than 24 million jobs here at home. In addition, farmers grow more food now than they did just a few decades ago, using nearly half the energy and fewer resources for every bushel produced.
“Every day, America’s farm families rise to meet the challenge of feeding and clothing the world,” says Drake. “Monsanto feels a responsibility to tell their story and we are proud to do so.”
Those wishing to thank a farmer and learn more about American agriculture are invited to log on to http://www.americasfarmers.com.
About Monsanto Company
Monsanto Company is a leading global provider of technology-based solutions and agricultural products that improve farm productivity and food quality. Monsanto remains focused on enabling both small-holder and large-scale farmers to produce more from their land while conserving more of our world’s natural resources such as water and energy. To learn more about our business and our commitments, please visit: http://www.monsanto.com. Follow our business on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/MonsantoCo, on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/MonsantoCo, or subscribe to our News Release RSS Feed.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.