Xerox Caps 2009 with Outstanding Achievement Award for IT Friendliness
Xerox closes 2009 with more than 350 awards and honors worldwide
NORWALK, Conn. -- Wrapping up an award-winning year, Xerox Corporation (NYSE: XRX) closed 2009 with an Outstanding Achievement Award for IT Friendliness from Buyers Laboratory Inc. (BLI). In December, the independent testing lab recognized Xerox for its commitment to technological innovation and the emphasis the company places on delivering the best technology to all customers.
Overall, Xerox won more than 350 awards globally in 2009 in recognition of innovative technology, reliable products and a leading services offering.
In 2009, the industry’s top analysts, research firms and technology publications all praised Xerox for its commitment to continued development of innovative products. Many of these products and services were developed using Design for Lean Six Sigma, a technique used by Xerox’s Lean Six Sigma team that focuses on the engineering side of operations by improving efficiencies and reducing costs related to the design and delivery of new technology.
* The Phaser™ 7500 and its unique “Color by Words” feature won the Tech Innovator of the Year award from Everything Channel as the top printing and imaging product. “Color by Words” is an interactive color feature that leverages common, everyday words to help describe intended color output from a printer.
* Xerox’s FreeFlow™ Automation Tool received an Innovative Digital Product award from Digital Imaging Marketing Association (DIMA).
* The new ColorQube™ 9200 Series solid ink multifunction printer (MFP) was given a Global Outstanding Achievement Award from BLI, in recognition of the product’s innovation.
* Xerox’s iGen4™ 220 Perfecting Press earned a Future of Print Product Must See ’em Award at Print 09, the year’s largest graphic communications event.
* PCMag.com awarded the Phaser 7500/DN with a Best Printer Award for 2009. Xerox is the only vendor to have two printers included in the PCMag.com Best Products of 2009 Roundup - the Phaser 7500 and Phaser 6280.
* DM Awards, a UK based publication, honored Xerox DocuShare™ as the Content Management Product of the Year, SME division.
* The Phaser® 6130 earned a Best Product Award from Macworld Spain.
* Xerox’s XMPie® PersonalEffect 4.6 was awarded Best of Show in the 1:1 Communications category at On Demand 2009.
* PC World Latin America gave DocuShare® 6.5 the Best Integrated Document Solution Award for2009.
* The WorkCentre™ 7435 won an Outstanding Achievement Award for Energy Efficiency from BLI.
* Xerox was positioned by Gartner, Inc. in the Leaders Quadrant in the “Magic Quadrant for Managed Print Services Worldwide.”
* Xerox was named the No. 1 vendor for Document Process Outsourcing and No. 3 for Top 50 Best Managed Global Outsourcing Vendors by the Black Book of Outsourcing.
* Business Solutions Magazine named Xerox the Best Channel Vendor for ECM Hardware.
* Xerox’s Workgroup Color Printers were named 2009 Channel Champions from Everything Channel.
* Channel Insider’s Bull’s Eye Champion Award was given to Xerox’s PagePack™ 3.0 as the Managed Service Enabler of the Year.
The company also has been recognized for diversity, ethics, creating a great workplace, environmental programs and leadership.
Xerox will showcase its line of award-winning offerings at several industry events in 2010 including MacWorld in San Francisco, FOSE in Washington, D.C., AIIM/On Demand in Philadelphia, IPEX in Birmingham, U.K. and Graph Expo in Chicago.
Note: The Magic Quadrant is copyrighted 2009 by Gartner, Inc. and is reused with permission. The Magic Quadrant is a graphical representation of a marketplace at and for a specific time period. It depicts Gartner’s analysis of how certain vendors measure against criteria for that marketplace, as defined by Gartner. Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in the Magic Quadrant, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors placed in the “Leaders” quadrant. The Magic Quadrant is intended solely as a research tool, and is not meant to be a specific guide to action. Gartner disclaims all warranties, express or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.