Westmoreland County, PA Selects Nayatek Datosphere for Integrated Content Archiving and Unified E-Discovery
PHILADELPHIA, PA. – December 22, 2009 – Nayatek, the developer of the next generation integrated content archiving platform, Datosphere, today announced Westmoreland County, PA has selected Datosphere as a key component of its strategy to manage rapid increase in the volume of unstructured electronically stored information (ESI) such as email and files and ever-growing demands to access and manage data across the enterprise. Datosphere provides Westmoreland County with the ability to consolidate silos of business content, respond quickly to Open Records Requests and address its requirements for the long term retention of email and files across the enterprise.
The volume of ESI is exploding in all industries and county government is no exception. Shrinking backup windows, hard to find information, over-burdened Exchange email servers, exploding storage costs and lack of security of unstructured ESI such as emails and files are just some of the challenges the county governments face today. Further compounding the issue are the implications of laws such as the Pennsylvania Right to Know Law that went into effect on January 1, 2009. The burden of proof that a record is non-public or that an exemption applies now lies with the governmental organization denying access. For county governments without the appropriate systems in place, responding to these requests can be extremely arduous and often time consuming process.
Located in western Pennsylvania, Westmoreland County is home to more than 360,000 residents. Over the past few years, under the leadership of Chief Information Officer, Phil Svesnik, the County has moved aggressively toward consolidation of IT resources, and virtualization in order to provide a more robust, secure and efficient infrastructure to better support both government and the public for years to come.
“Datosphere’s support for virtualization combined with its next generation architecture was a natural fit for our ongoing IT consolidation and optimization efforts”, said Phil Svesnik, Chief Information Officer of Westmoreland County. “Datosphere is already playing a key role in lowering the overall budget for the management of our unstructured ESI such as email and files, long term retention and our ability to rapidly respond quickly to Open Records Requests thus providing more transparency and higher levels of good governance,” added Svesnik.
After evaluating a number of competitive products, the Westmoreland County selected Datosphere for a number of key reasons:
- Ease of implementation and use - Datosphere is delivered as a software appliance, easily installed by a network administrator
- Next Generation Architecture – Datosphere’s grid architecture can easily scale to meet the county’s explosive growth in ESI
- No Hassle Redundancy & Business Continuity - Integrated redundancies and support for virtualization supports the county’s business continuity strategy, enabling implementation of a redundant archive at a remote DR data center
- Seamless Fast Search, Access and Recovery – Users can quickly search on the fully indexed archived content, retrieve and recover emails and files without involving IT staff.
- Comprehensive E-Discovery – Robust federated search, scheduled searches, folder and case management and granular legal hold capabilities facilitate effective internal investigations, pro-active litigation readiness and rapid response to E-Discovery requests
- Flexible Retention Policies – Easily implement powerful retention policies across all archived content
- Integrated Security - Datosphere doesn’t store the archives in clear text like other solutions, as it provides native encryption, a tamper resistant archive, granular role definition and a comprehensive audit trail to ensure that ESI is secure.
NAYATEK is a developer of Integrated Content Archiving solutions providing comprehensive Content Archiving, EDiscovery, Storage Management, Business Continuity and Compliance functionality designed to specifically assist organizations to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of their electronically stored information (ESI) and to maintain objectively verifiable, robust procedures to comply with industry regulations.
For more information about Nayatek and Datosphere, visit www.nayatek.com
- Contact Information
- Scott Lehmann
- Contact via E-mail
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.