Veolia Transport and Orange Business Services launch an onboard Wifi portal on the A14 Express coach line
Paris, Veolia Transport and Orange Business Services are launching a pilot for this groundbreaking Wifi portal, the first of its kind in France, on three coaches from the express line fleet between Mantes-La-Jolie and La Défense. Travelers with a Wifi-enabled mobile terminal (laptop, telephone/smartphone) will now be able to access an information and entertainment portal throughout their journey.
Within the framework of its alliance with Veolia Transport, Orange Business Services is in charge of supervision aspects for the portal, including advice, support, design, content aggregation and maintenance.
* A more enjoyable coach journey for 1.8 million travelers on the A14 Express line
Thanks to this portal, travelers equipped with WiFi equipment will now be able to surf for the 45 to 60 minutes of their journey, looking up transport information, local information on the areas covered by the line, and even entertainment. In this way, they will be able to:
- Finding out about the line’s latest news and developments, as well as the services provided by the operator (timetables, route maps, etc.);
- Accessing information on public transport services that connect up to the line (map of bus stations and La Défense, timetables for main connecting lines, information on possible disruptions, etc.);
- Preparing their outings with Cityvox, Europe’s leading guide for entertainment and leisure;
- Discovering local heritage sites with the tourist guide;
- Determining their location with the vehicle’s geographical tracking feature
Thanks to onboard GPS sensors, users will be able to monitor the coach’s location as it travels along the line in real time;
- Entertaining themselves with video games and video streaming
Community video games will allow passengers to play amongst themselves and a range of films will be available on demand;
- Sharing with other users in interactive mode (A14 forum).
In addition, this system will be extended to include the following services:
- Downloading of email;
- Accessing real-time information and news: traffic updates, weather, etc.
* A partnership for modernizing public transport
For Veolia Transport, this partnership is consistent with its commitment to offering customers sustainable mobility solutions. Through value-added services, building loyalty among customers, Veolia Transport is looking to contribute to increasing the role of public transport in how people get around.
It represents a first attempt to transform time spent on daily journeys in public transport from a time that is “put up with” to a time that is “pleasant and useful”.
For Orange Business Services, this new project confirms its commitment to offering new digital services when on the move, in line with the requirements of players from the world of transport, helping them manage their new business issues.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.