Hitachi Data Systems Introduces New Application and Data Recovery Solutions
Hitachi Dynamic Replicator enables businesses to address recovery needs through a cost effective and scalable solution
SANTA CLARA, Calif. - Hitachi Data Systems Corporation, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd. (NYSE: HIT) and the only provider of Service Oriented Storage Solutions, today announced the addition of the Hitachi Dynamic Replicator to its replication and data protection software portfolio. In partnership with InMage Systems, a leading independent software vendor of disk-based business application recovery solutions for heterogeneous environments, Hitachi Data Systems meets the operational and economic needs of midrange customers by offering simple, cost-effective disaster recovery solutions for heterogeneous data storage environments.
“Disaster recovery is a critical concern for organizations of all sizes as they strive to improve the data resilience of their operations. The typical midrange customer today is dealing with rapid data growth and requires simplified and cost-effective data protection and replication solutions for disaster planning and operational recovery,” said Sean Moser, vice president, Software Products, Hitachi Data Systems. “The unique, hybrid recovery technology in Hitachi Dynamic Replicator translates into direct value for the customer – it accommodates heterogeneous storage and servers while providing recovery solutions that are tailored to specific application environments. Additionally, the flexible design helps preserve existing investments, allowing customers the benefits of disk-based recovery and maximum freedom for purchasing and deploying future products.”
Hitachi Dynamic Replicator Customer Benefits
For midrange storage customers struggling with business continuity problems in heterogeneous environments, Hitachi Dynamic Replicator solutions leverage the advantages of disk-based data protection to provide application-aware recovery that can meet remote and local requirements. Hitachi Dynamic Replicator enhances the operational efficiencies and resiliency of the Hitachi Adaptable Modular Storage 2000 family and Hitachi Storage Reclamation Service by providing midrange storage customers with simplified solutions for outstanding replication performance in heterogeneous environments.
Hitachi Dynamic Replicator brings a high degree of application integration, network optimization and automated management providing compelling recovery and availability benefits to customers struggling with business continuity issues in heterogeneous environments. By combining these capabilities with the key replication features of existing midrange storage systems, Hitachi Data Systems provides organizations with full featured replication based solutions at a price point they have come to expect.
* IDC: “Through a high degree of application integration, network optimization and automated management, Hitachi Dynamic Replicator provides compelling availability and recovery capabilities to midrange storage users. The flexible design of the software and simplified implementation allows users to improve recovery time and recovery point objectives across heterogeneous storage environments, leveraging existing hardware and software investments.” ~Steve Scully, research manager, Enterprise Storage Systems
* InMage Systems: “InMage’s robust recovery software, combined with the leading Hitachi Adaptable Modular Storage family, provides mid-tier companies with heterogeneous replication, application availability and remote office backup capabilities that are second to none in the industry. With the Hitachi Dynamic Replicator, customers can successfully execute and simply manage data resilience initiatives within their organizations.” ~ John Ferraro, CEO
* LexisNexis: “InMage has been a tremendous companion to our existing replication software from Hitachi Data Systems, providing a wide range of options in managing the heterogeneity within our existing infrastructure to meet our business goals. We expect tighter integration between Hitachi Data Systems and InMage technologies to further improve the value we’re getting from the joint solutions today, which already provides significant flexibility in minimizing the impact of administrative tasks like disaster recovery, change management and data migration.” ~ Keith E. Moore, director, Technology Services, Applied Discovery, a subsidiary of LexisNexis
* Learn more about Hitachi Data Systems portfolio of replication and data protection software and storage solutions: http://tr.im/hitachidynamicreplicator
* Read what Hu Yoshida has to say about the new Hitachi Dynamic Replicator: http://blogs.hds.com/hu
* Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/HDScorp
About Hitachi Data Systems
Hitachi Data Systems Corporation provides Services Oriented Storage Solutions that enable heterogeneous storage to be dynamically provisioned according to business needs and centrally managed via industry leading Hitachi storage virtualization software. With over 4,100 employees, and as an integral part of the Hitachi Storage Solutions Group, Hitachi Data Systems delivers storage infrastructure platforms, storage management software, and storage consulting services through direct and indirect channels in over 170 countries and regions. Its customers include nearly 60 percent of the top 100 companies on the Fortune 500®. For more information, visit the company’s website at http://www.hds.com.
About Hitachi, Ltd.
Hitachi, Ltd., (NYSE: HIT / TSE: 6501), headquartered in Tokyo, Japan, is a leading global electronics company with approximately 400,000 employees worldwide. Fiscal 2008 (ended March 31, 2009) consolidated revenues totaled 10,000 billion yen ($102.0 billion). The company offers a wide range of systems, products and services in market sectors including information systems, electronic devices, power and industrial systems, consumer products, materials, logistics and financial services. For more information on Hitachi, please visit the company’s website at http://www.hitachi.com.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.