ARAMARK Recognized For Its Approach to Employee Safety and Claims Management with Theodore Roosevelt Workers’ Compensation and Disability Management Award
Company’s commitment to its employees has reduced the number of work-related injuries by half
Philadelphia, PA. – ARAMARK, a global provider of professional services, has received the 2009 Theodore Roosevelt Workers’ Compensation and Disability Management Award for its employee safety and claims management programs.
The award is given by Risk & Insurance magazine, a leading publication in the risk management industry, to honor organizations for their efforts to reduce the frequency and severity of injuries to workers. The magazine recognizes only one company, one nonprofit organization, and one federal agency annually. This is the 16th year the awards have been given.
ARAMARK employs approximately 260,000 people who provide food, facility and uniform management services to thousands of organizations in millions of locations globally. Consistent with its long history of caring for its people, the company initiated a new approach to employee safety, workers’ compensation and disability management in 2004. Since then, ARAMARK has reduced the number of employee injury claims – as well as the number of days its people lose because of injuries – by 50 percent.
“At ARAMARK, our vision is to provide a work environment in which no one gets hurt,” said Debbie Rodgers, vice president of global risk management for ARAMARK. “Not only do we feel our approach is the right thing to do, we believe it is essential to creating a company where the best people want to work. We are honored by this recognition, which is a testament to our commitment to our people.”
ARAMARK has instituted a holistic approach to employee safety and risk management, in which all elements of safety, workers’ compensation, disability management, risk management, and return-to-work are managed centrally. This award-winning approach comprises:
* A continued commitment from the company’s leadership team to work toward an environment in which no one gets hurt.
* A portfolio of education and recognition programs to encourage managers and employees to maintain a safe environment.
* Integrated data and communications technology to allow a thorough analysis of when and why accidents happen, so that they can be prevented in the future.
* A triage process to allow the company to respond to reports of employee injuries quickly.
* Easy-to-understand literature to educate injured employees about resources available to them.
* Education and support for both supervisors and employees to speed up employees’ recovery and ability to return to work.
ARAMARK has been recognized as an employer of choice by several organizations. It has been listed as one of the Best Places to Launch a Career by BusinessWeek, one of the Best Employers for Healthy Lifestyles by the National Business Group on Health, and as a top employer in many regions nationally. The company also ranked first in its industry on FORTUNE magazine’s 2009 list of “World’s Most Admired Companies,” and it is consistently on the Global Outsourcing 100, a list of the world’s most prestigious outsourcing service providers.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.