Mold Victims Beware of Failed Mold Remediation Projects
When a family or business is faced with a mold problem it often leads to disruptions in people’s lives and significant financial costs. Unfortunately, stories of failed mold remediation in public and private properties are all too familiar. The end result leads to more people suffering health problems and additional financial burdens.
All mold needs to grow is moisture, ambient temperatures, a food source (most building materials and building contents are ideal food sources) and as little as 24 to 48 hours to begin growing. All too often inexperienced contractors or others specializing in other fields, such as smoke and fire restoration, are hired to fix mold problems only to make matters worse.
When a mold problem occurs it is crucial to hire experienced and qualified mold professionals that understand how to identify and properly fix the problem. It is equally important to contact references and to be sure that any quote received is inclusive of getting the total job completed. A qualified mold remediation professional should:
• Identify and ensure that the moisture source has been resolved so mold does not reappear; extracting all excessive moisture from interior spaces.
• Carefully enclose and create negative pressure in damaged areas before beginning remediation to prevent aerosolizing the mold spores.
• Remove damaged materials that cannot be cleaned.
• Thoroughly clean and treat materials that can be saved.
• Treat new materials to prevent future mold growth.
• Receive clearance testing from a qualified neutral third party environmental consultant.
• Return the property to like-new conditions with an insurance backed warranty.
Global Prevention Services (GPS), one of the nation’s largest mold remediation and prevention providers, has been on the forefront of protecting properties from microbial contaminants for years using the latest technologies. “Our PureSpace® Process is guaranteed and GPS is one of the few firms in the nation with a true insurance backed warranty to return properties to healthy conditions the first time,” reported Jeanette Kurtz, Executive Vice President of Global Prevention Services.
About Global Prevention Services
Global Prevention Services has been on the forefront of treating buildings with microbial problems and providing preventive solutions to residential and commercial facilities. The company has offices across the country providing complete microbial solutions.
- Contact Information
- Jeanette Kurtz
- Executive Vice President
- Global Prevention Services
- Contact via E-mail
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.