RIM Introduces the New BlackBerry Curve 8520 in Hong Kong
The first BlackBerry smartphone in Hong Kong with innovative touch-sensitive trackpad and integrated media keys
Hong Kong - Research In Motion (RIM) (Nasdaq: RIMM; TSX: RIM) today introduced the BlackBerry® Curve™ 8520 smartphone in Hong Kong. The slim and stylish handset, a new addition to the BlackBerry Curve series of smartphones, is expected to be available from 3 Hong Kong, China Mobile Hong Kong Company Limited, PCCW mobile and SmarTone-Vodafone from early November*.
The new BlackBerry Curve 8520 introduces an innovative touch-sensitive trackpad which makes scrolling and selection smooth and easy for an exceptional navigation experience. It is also the first BlackBerry® smartphone to feature dedicated media keys, which are smoothly integrated along the top of the handset giving customers an easy, convenient way to control their music and videos.
The user-friendly BlackBerry Curve 8520 provides easy access to email, messaging (IM, SMS, MMS) and social networking sites (including Facebook® and MySpace), and features a highly tactile full-QWERTY keyboard for comfortable, accurate typing. It is also Wi-Fi®-enabled and includes rich multimedia capabilities with easy access to music, games and other mobile apps for entertainment on the go.
“The BlackBerry Curve 8520 is an incredibly approachable and feature-rich handset that delivers all the great messaging, social networking and multimedia features that customers have come to love about BlackBerry smartphones. It’s an ideal choice for the first-time smartphone user and we are very pleased to launch the BlackBerry Curve 8520 with our carrier partners in Hong Kong,” said Norm Lo, Vice President, Asia Pacific at Research In Motion.
Additional features of the BlackBerry Curve 8520 smartphone include:
* Easy-to-use full-QWERTY keyboard and touch-sensitive trackpad for reliable, responsive typing and navigation
* 256MB Flash memory and a 512Mhz next generation processor for enhanced performance
* Premium phone features including voice activated dialing and Bluetooth® (2.0) support for use with hands-free headsets, car kits, stereo headsets and other Bluetooth peripherals
* 2 MP digital camera with zoom and video recording
* Advanced media player for music, pictures and videos, with dedicated media keys and a 3.5 mm stereo headset jack, plus BlackBerry® Media Sync, which makes it easy to quickly sync music from iTunes® or Windows Media® Player with the smartphone**
* Support for BlackBerry® services including access to up to 10 supported email accounts, including most popular ISP email accounts such as Yahoo!®, Windows Live™ Hotmail®, AOL® and Gmail™; and BlackBerry® Enterprise Server support, which features advanced security and IT administration for corporate deployments
* Expandable memory via hot swappable microSD/SDHC memory card slot, supporting up to 16 GB cards today and expected to support next generation 32GB cards when available; a 2GB card is included
* Built-in Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g)
* Quad-band world phone: EGDE/GPRS/GSM (850/900/1800/1900 MHz)
To learn more about the BlackBerry Curve 8520 smartphone visit: www.blackberry.com/curve8520
* Check with carriers for specific information on availability and pricing.
** Certain music files may not be supported, including files that contain digital rights management technologies.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.