BroadSoft Demonstrates Continued Innovation of BroadWorks at Connections 2009
New Enhancements Will Increase Revenue and Profitability for Service Providers
SCOTTSDALE, ARIZONA, BroadSoft Connections 2009 - BroadSoft, Inc., the worldwide leader of VoIP applications to the telecommunications industry, today announced updates to BroadWorks® that include new product functionality, enhanced services and platform enhancements. These updates, which are being demonstrated at BroadSoft’s annual executive users’ conference this week, will help telecommunications service providers improve customer satisfaction, increase revenue and improve profitability.
“We continue to expand the capabilities and feature set of BroadWorks to give our service provider customers the ability to easily and cost effectively deliver existing and new IP communications services that allow for a rich end-user experience,” said David Bukovsky, vice president of products at BroadSoft®. “The improvements represent the ongoing commitment to and investment in extending our industry-leading BroadWorks platform to further address the communications needs of businesses and consumers.”
Improved End-user Satisfaction - New Phone Configuration Functionality - BroadWorks Phone Xtension
BroadWorks Phone Xtension is a BroadSoft Xtended-powered application that provides a common infrastructure for the configuration and customization of IP phones. BroadWorks Phone Xtension provides businesses with a simple graphical point-and-click interface, enabling them to customize the buttons and functionality of their phones. The ability to easily customize usability leads to greater customer satisfaction and eases the migration from legacy systems.
For service providers, BroadWorks Phone Xtension, which builds on BroadWorks Device Management, simplifies service delivery, lowers deployment and support costs, and accelerates the turn-up and training of new customers.
Phone vendors can build phone-specific user interface plug-ins to BroadWorks Phone Xtension. BroadSoft will provide a software development kit (SDK) and support program for phone vendors and third-party developers; the SDK and partner support program will be available in Q1 2010. BroadSoft Premier Access partners Polycom and Cisco are the first vendors to take advantage of the Phone Xtension program.
“As a leading provider of best-in-class open standards communication solutions, Polycom is committed to providing the ultimate unified communications (UC) experience to its customers. Together with BroadSoft, we help to simplify the sales, deployment, and support of hosted business communications for our service provider partners, and with our joint development of Phone Xtension functionality, we’re able to delight customers that use Polycom’s industry-leading devices,” said Jim Kruger, vice president of Voice Marketing at Polycom.
“Cisco is pleased to include the broad portfolio of Small Business SPA 500 Series IP phones in the BroadSoft Phone Xtension program,” said Mark Monday, vice president, Small Business Technology Group, Cisco. “With this program, service providers can deliver a premium voice experience to small businesses utilizing the advanced features of our voice technology.”
Revenue-generating Services - Mobile PBX and Call Center
BroadSoft has enhanced two of its IP communications services, which will enable service providers to develop additional revenue opportunities.
* Mobile PBX - delivers a complete enterprise UC feature set to existing circuit-switched 2G/3G mobile phones. Targeted at mobile and converged operators, BroadWorks Mobile PBX enables a new portfolio of marketable services, including auto attendant, click-to-dial, hunt groups, call center functionality, mobile extension dialing, video telephony, instant messaging and other innovative capabilities. When combined with Hosted PBX and SIP trunking, Mobile PBX provides a comprehensive Fixed-Mobile Convergence (FMC) solution, allowing end-users to receive the same enterprise telephony features whether they are on their mobile or desk phone. Mobile PBX unifies the benefits of mobility with next-generation enterprise PBX features for end-users.
“The ability to extend our Integrated Centrex offer to mobile phones will meet a key requirement of our business customers,” said John Spilman, Director of Product Management at NTELOS, a leading provider of wireless and wireline communications services to consumers and businesses in Virginia and West Virginia. “When mobile workers can utilize the same powerful feature set available to them on their office phones, businesses will realize immediate benefits in productivity and a superior communications experience.”
* Call Center - a fully-integrated Automated Call Distributor (ACD) service that supports the needs of every end customer - from simple queuing for individual users to complex ACD treatments and desktop clients for high volume Call Centers. BroadSoft significantly improved its Call Center application in the latest release of BroadWorks with enhancements to ACD routing policies, call treatments, and the Call Center Agent and Supervisor desktop clients.
“Our customers and prospects are embracing Hosted Call Center solutions,” said Scott Kinka, senior vice president for Network Services at EvolveIP, a managed service provider. “In addition to the obvious architectural advantages of hosting a call center to support multiple locations and home users, BroadWorks enables us to successfully compete from a feature perspective with the enterprise contact center solutions available in the market today.”
Lower Operating Costs - Element Management System (EMS)
BroadSoft’s Element Management System (EMS) has been enhanced with new functionality that further improves the administration and management of BroadWorks, thus increasing operational efficiency and reducing operating costs for service providers. They will benefit from improved platform administration and manageability, early detection and prevention of potential performance degradations, and system level services retrofit capabilities. New functionality includes:
* Alarm Management - enables more effective integration with Northbound Network Management Systems (NMS)
* Centralized Patch Management - automates the administration of BroadWorks network element patching
* Service Pack Migration - enables system-level services retrofitting
* Performance Reporting - allows customizable performance reports to be exported and emailed to recipients
* Centralized Configuration Management - enables graphical BroadWorks server configuration file administration
* EMS Threshold Modifiers - provides the ability to dynamically modify performance thresholds per server based on hardware characteristics and improve the accuracy of the real-time system health status
BroadSoft®, the world-wide leader of VoIP application software, enables the delivery of hosted telephony and multimedia services. BroadSoft’s family of carrier-class products, including its award-winning flagship BroadWorks® technology, empowers wireless, wireline and cable carriers to deliver next-generation voice and multimedia applications and advanced features that enable them to increase revenue, enhance competitive differentiation and increase customer satisfaction. BroadSoft products deliver the scale, open architecture and reliability that the world’s leading telecommunications companies demand to serve mission-critical enterprise and residential broadband customers. BroadSoft provides VoIP applications to nine of the top 10 and 15 of the top 25 largest carriers worldwide, as measured by recent annual revenue, including KPN, Korea Telecom, Qwest, SingTel, Sprint, Swisscom, Telefonica de Espana, Telstra, T-Systems, and Verizon. For additional information, go to www.broadsoft.com.
BroadSoft and BroadWorks are registered trademarks of BroadSoft, Inc. All other names are trademarks of their respective owners.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.