CSWL Launches SDK to manage IP QoS on PacketCable networks
Pleasanton - California Software Labs has launched PCMM Gate Control API, a Software Development Kit (SDK) to implement IP based QoS and policy management for multimedia services. The new SDK provides high-level APIs to implement the QoS control components of Application Manager, Policy Server and the CMTS, as specified in CableLabs’ PacketCable Multimedia standards. This is designed to help combat the challenges faced by service providers by offering guaranteed quality of service (QoS).
PCMM Gate Control API is a developer product meant for equipment vendors and system integrators serving the packet cable networks. This software development kit allows them to develop systems to control QoS (Quality of Service) in the packet cable network. This capability enables delivery of multi-media services like video-on-demand in packet cable networks.
The product supports PacketCable Multimedia Specifications (Sep 2004) from CableLabs® and therefore ensures seamless interfacing with content providers as well as equipment from multiple vendors. With the help of PCMM Gate Control API, service providers can deliver more services as the COPS support makes the CMTS more manageable.
- Complete COPS protocol implementation
- Power set of API that support creation, modification and deletion of “Gate” objects
- Support for Application Manager, Policy Server and CMTS side PDP and PEP development
- Logging and Tracing functionality
- Support for event-driven programming
Cable Labs defined standard interfaces ensure seamless interfacing with:
* Content providers
* Equipment from multiple vendors
CSWL PCMM Gateway enables centralized, dynamic control over the service as follows:
* Service to individual subscriber can be turned on or off from the management station
* Differentiated service can be provided to customers. For example, service providers can introduce classes of services like (Gold : Allows VoIP, VoD, Internet access, Silver: PPV, regular channels, Basic)
* On-demand provisioning of additional services, possibly on a short-term basis
* Standard compliant interfaces make the equipment more attractive to service providers
CableLabs and PacketCable are trademarks of Cable Television Laboratories, Inc.
- Contact Information
- Subhash Nair
- Program Manager
- California Software Labs (CSWL Inc.)
- Contact via E-mail
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.