DCIU Selects Nayatek’s Datosphere for Integrated Content Archiving & Pro-Active E-Discovery
PHILADELPHIA, PA. – October 7, 2009 – Nayatek, the developer of the next generation integrated content archiving platform, Datosphere, today announced the Delaware County Intermediate Unit (DCIU) has selected Datosphere as the cornerstone of its efforts to provide proactive E-Discovery and address its content archiving requirements for long term retention of email and other documents. DCIU is a regional education services agency. It provides leadership for the development of innovative and cost-effective programs to such as special education, technical education, services to nonpublic schools and technology.
As public institutions that face litigation, school districts are required by the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure (FRCP) and state Sunshine Laws to keep electronic information accessible for electronic discovery and public “right to know” requests. School districts are finding compliance mandates difficult to meet because of insufficient resources, overly complex technology solutions and confusion about legal requirements. However, with the burden of proof now on school districts to respond to public requests within five business days, the pressure is on. School districts need to be prepared and have the appropriate systems in place.
DCIU is one of Pennsylvania’s 29 regional educational agencies. It serves more than 92,000 school-aged students and more than 6,000 educators on a regional basis. Direct instruction is provided to more than 15,000 students enrolled in DCIU’s Special Programs, Career and Technical Education and specialized programs. “My team was impressed with Datosphere’s advanced architecture and light footprint on our environment,” said Sam Iannucci, Director Of information Technology and Systems at DCIU. “We went from trial evaluation to full production in only a few days. Combined with a very attractive price and Datosphere’s availability on the PA State contract, it was an easy decision to make,” added Iannucci.
After evaluating a number of well known competitive products, the DCIU selected the Datosphere Integrated Content Archiving platform because it offered the following:
- Next Generation Architecture – Datosphere can grow with DCIU’s evolving needs and requirements, new data formats, and expanding regulations due to its advanced grid architecture, flexible configuration options and massive scalability.
- No Additional Hardware Required – DCIU leveraged existing server and storage capacity for the full production Datosphere implementation
- Integrated Redundancies – With integrated redundancies, business continuity and disaster recovery options as well as support for virtualization, the Datosphere Platform provides more flexibility than any other solution available.
- Fast & Efficient Search - Comprehensive E-Discovery capabilities provides robust federated search technology, scheduled searches, robust folder and case management
- Flexible Retention Policies – Flexible retention and disposition policies can be implemented across all of the archived content (files, emails, attachments, and instant messages)
- Integrated Security - Datosphere doesn’t store the archives in clear text like other solutions as it provides native encryption, a tamper resistant archive, granular role definition and a comprehensive audit trail to ensure that ESI is secure.
“We installed and rolled out Datosphere in an afternoon. The Admin console is easy to use with lots of configuration options, and provides real-time status of all the various agents,” said Rob Kauffman, Network Administrator at DCIU. “I migrated from local storage during the trial, to our production Fibre Channel SAN, in a matter of minutes,” added Kauffman.
About Nayatek Datosphere
Datosphere is a next generation content archiving platform. Its comprehensive content archiving, EDiscovery, storage management, business continuity and compliance functionality ensures that organizations can effectively capture, index, store, secure, manage, retain and discover disparate ESI. It provides a platform to build on that can help future proof against changes in legal requirements, new ESI data formats, retention requirements and the ever encroaching impact of regulatory compliance. Datosphere’s open storage layer provides support for local, direct attach, ISCSI, CIFS/NFS and CAS (EMC Centera). Datosphere is available for download at www.nayatek.com.
NAYATEK is a developer of Integrated Content Archiving solutions providing comprehensive Content Archiving, EDiscovery, Storage Management, Business Continuity and Compliance functionality designed to specifically assist organizations to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of their electronically stored information (ESI) and to maintain objectively verifiable, robust procedures to comply with industry regulations.
- Contact Information
- Marta Teran
- Contact via E-mail
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.