When Function meets Style: introducing TomTom Start
Touch and go, smart car navigation with a flair of personal style
London – Proving that quality, simplicity and style can mix, TomTom today introduces the TomTom Start. A cool new navigation device that represents the ultimate in easy-to-use, intelligent route planning.
“With only a single button, TomTom is able to give drivers the fastest route to their destination, so they have total peace of mind,” says Ken McAlpine, TomTom’s Product Design Director. “On top of that, we’ve added extensive personalisation options to reflect an individual’s personal style.”
TomTom Start makes smart use of the driving experiences of millions of TomTom users worldwide. It taps into over 800 billion speed measurements on the map to plan the fastest route (IQ Routes™) and allows users to make their own map changes, and benefit from thousands of free map corrections made by TomTom users every day (Map Share™).
Available in six stylish colours*, the TomTom Start is the perfect travel companion. The device is lightweight, has a compact 3.5” screen and comes with an integrated mount, making the whole navigation package fit into a pocket, small bag or glove compartment.
The simplified menu gives users easy access to the safety camera database and thousands of Points of Interest pre-installed into the device.
For further personalisation, users can go to TomTom HOME desktop software to download a wealth of content, including start-up screens and a range of fun voices.
Availability and pricing
The TomTom Start standard edition is available in black and white, from retail stores at for £119 for a regional map and £139 for a European map. Changeable covers (StartSkins) are available via www.tomtom.com/startskins and retailers for only £14.99 per colour.
Notes for editors
TomTom Start standard key features include:
Easy to use
- Plug & Go – no installation needed; plug in and tap the touch screen.
- Simplified menu – two simple buttons ‘Plan route’ and ‘Browse map’.
- Lightweight (128g) device with a 3.5” screen and semi-fixed EasyPort™ mount that folds neatly onto the back of the device, making the whole navigation package simple to remove and carry.
- Loud and clear voice instructions.
Best routing and maps
- IQ Routes technology – calculates the fastest route any time of day based on the driving experience of millions of TomTom users whose experience is included in the maps.
- Map Share technology – drivers benefit from thousands of free map corrections made by TomTom users every day.
- Realistic visual instructions - replicated road signs, making them easier to follow.
- High quality speaker - for voice instructions at an adjustable volume.
- Help menu - provides direct access to emergency numbers and directions to the nearest emergency providers.
Accessories – optional upgrades
- Changeable covers (StartSkins), including matching protective bags. * StartSkins available in store: Flaming red, Ice blue, Electric green Deep purple. Sunburst yellow and Flaming orange are also available from www.tomtom.com. Priced at £14.99 per colour.
- Carry case, £19.99 - USB home charger.
- USB car charger.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.