Award-Winning Residential Home Designer, House Plan Gallery, Releases Free Report
Leading, nationally-syndicated home design firm, House Plan Gallery, releases “Tips For Buying Truly Green House Plans” report.
Many families that are in the market for a new house plan, can become overwhelmed at the sheer volume of plans that are available today on both the internet and in house plan-related magazines and books.
Finding that perfect floor plan, in the perfect square footage range, matched with the perfect exterior Architectural style, can be very difficult. Added to that may be the confusion over which type of house plan package a family actually needs?
“As families have begun to realize the enormous value that stock house plans offer (vs. custom home plans), we’ve continued to innovate our plan offerings to include an ever-broadening selection of home design options,” notes Mark Mathis, President of House Plan Gallery. “We are one of the few designers in the entire United States that offer full modification services, all plan options, and the very popular PDF file package on every single one of our plans.”
Here are a few helpful house plan buying tips:
- Always make sure that house plans are purchased from a Certified Professional Building Designer (CPBD) who is a member of the American Institute of Building Design.
Designers who have met the strict educational requirements, have suitable work experience and training in the field, and have passed the CPBD examination are highly-skilled professionals that specialize in the design and development of residential home plans. Don’t settle for less in choosing house plans.
- For those people who find a stock house plan that fits “most” of their needs but not all, its typically quicker, better, and cheaper to have the actual designer of the house plans make these modifications, where possible.
- For anyone who lives in an area with unique building code requirements (i.e. hurricane/earthquake prone areas of the US) or specific state-licensed Architect/Engineer stamping requirements, they may need to have the modifications done by a local professional. In this case, the home owners would need to purchase a stock house plan package that comes with a “modifiable” license. The packages that come with this type license include: CAD Files, Reproducible/Vellum, and where available, PDF Files.
In regard to the PDF File plan package, a small number of leading home designers are now offering this option to their customers as a standard option.
What is the PDF File plan package:
The “PDF File” plan package is the best value, and provides an electronic version of the plan’s construction documents. This plan package provides many advantages over the Reproducible, 8 Set, 5 Set, 1 Set, and Review Set plan packages including:
- Need more copies of the plan? No problem. A person can simply take the file to any local print shop and have them print out the copies in the desired size. In addition, the home owner will have the copies available for use... that same day, in most cases.
- Need different size copies for different people? The home owner can print out an 8 1/2 x 11 set for the office, a 11 x 17 set for the local building officials, a 18 x 24 set for the builder, a 24 x 36 master set the homeowner and his/her family. Unlimited flexibility.
- Need to modify the plan locally? Simply take the PDF to a local building design professional and they will be able to update the constrution drawings in the same way as if they were provided with a printed “Reproducible” set.
- Need to get the plans immediately? No need to wait for plans to ship. In most cases, reputable home designers can email the home owners with the PDF file, usually the same day.
Keep in mind that many designers might only offer a sub-group of their plans in the electronic PDF File format, but the more innovative, home design firms offer every single house plan in their collection with the PDF File plan package.
The PDF File house plan package is truly the “green” choice for buying house plans in this day and age. No paper is used in its creation, no waste by-products are generated, and its innate ability to be electronically and quickly “mailed” to the home owner is a huge benefit that many new home builders are taking advantage of today.
For more information about affordable and unique home designs for families, visit http://www.HousePlanGallery.com
- Contact Information
- Mark Mathis
- Contact via E-mail
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.