Embarcadero Issues Top Five Reasons to Switch from ERwin Data Modeler to Embarcadero ER/Studio
SAN FRANCISCO – Sept. 28, 2009 – With full availability of ER/Studio® 8.5 only a few weeks away, Embarcadero Technologies is focused on educating data modelers about the benefits of ER/Studio versus ERwin® Data Modeler. Today, Embarcadero issued the top five reasons to make the switch.
1. Superior Productivity Using a Model File System - ER/Studio allows users to create multiple, mutually independent physical models from one common logical model within the same .dm1 file; ERwin requires multiple files to achieve the same effect thus losing the traceability between the logical and physical artifacts. ER/Studio’s separate but integrated approach offers the user a complete, easy to understand solution for synchronizing and updating logical models, physical models and live databases without having to manage and synchronize many loose files.
2. Superior Traceability With Lineage and Metadata Impact Analysis - ER/Studio provides features for maintaining the traceability between the original logical model and multiple physical models. Coupled with ER/Studio’s ability to maintain multiple models within the same file, impact analysis is far easier and more reliable than with ERwin. In addition to reports, ER/Studio also provides a “Where Used” feature which includes even more capabilities.
3. Superior Productivity Through Diagram Layout & Navigation Features – ER/Studio is designed to dramatically increase user productivity through superior navigation of large, complex data models. This saves time when searching for deeply buried elements in a model. ER/Studio provides a number of features to assist with the management of large models.
4. Superior Documentation and Communication – ER/Studio Enterprise includes a web portal that allows for near real-time publication of the information contained in the ER/Studio repository. The portal allows developers, DBAs and business analysts to browse, search and report on the model metadata via a web browser. It drastically streamlines the process of communicating the models by offering a “self-service” method for publishing the information. Data architects no longer need to refresh reports any time a model changes. The portal has a separate reporting repository that is optimized for searching and reporting that is kept in sync with the ER/Studio repository.
5. Superior Reliability & Advancement – Embarcadero’s focus has always been centered on helping companies design, build, optimize and run their critical software applications and databases. Unlike CA, Embarcadero doesn’t have the vast array of over 1,300 products to support and maintain. We have a clear competitive advantage on deciding which products to support and build out. With a dedicated support center and committed staff to help, we are able to resolve issues quickly and efficiently without the hassle of dealing with an outsourced support solution like ERwin that often can be long and drawn out.
ER/Studio continues to be the fastest growing database design and modeling tool on the market, not only for Embarcadero’s reliable support staff, but also for the reliability of the product performance and frequency of enhancements. Embarcadero has a strong investment in research and development behind ER/Studio, releasing multiple product enhancements each year to meet the demanding modeling requirements and reliability standards of large enterprises now and in the future. Our customers frequently tell us valuable time and resources are lost to basic functionality and bugs found in ERwin. Reliability and advancement are no longer optional in organizations that depend on database design and modeling for speed, competitiveness and uptime.
Get an advanced look at some of the exciting new features in ER/Studio 8.5 at the online Preview Center http://www.embarcadero.com/er-studio-sneak-peek.
Read to complete comparison at http://etnaweb04.embarcadero.com/erwin
About Embarcadero Technologies
Embarcadero Technologies, Inc. is a leading provider of award-winning tools for application developers and database professionals so they can design systems right, build them faster and run them better, regardless of their platform or programming language. Ninety of the Fortune 100 and an active community of more than three million users worldwide rely on Embarcadero products to increase productivity, reduce costs, simplify change management and compliance and accelerate innovation. Founded in 1993, Embarcadero is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices located around the world. Embarcadero is online at www.embarcadero.com.
Embarcadero, the Embarcadero Technologies logos and all other Embarcadero Technologies product or service names are trademarks or registered trademarks of Embarcadero Technologies, Inc. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.
- Contact Information
- Michelle Chase
- Media Relations
- Chase Communications
- Contact via E-mail
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.