SC Johnson Honored by Foreign Policy Association
RACINE, Wis.– Today SC Johnson was recognized by the Foreign Policy Association (FPA) for its commitment to corporate social responsibility. The Board of Directors of the FPA voted to distinguish both SC Johnson and the company’s Chairman and CEO Fisk Johnson at the World Leadership Forum Luncheon today in New York City. The company was selected due to its longstanding environmental and sustainability leadership. In particular, the FPA noted SC Johnson’s success in innovating, manufacturing and marketing environmentally responsible products as well as the company’s patented Greenlist™ process, and its many renewable energy initiatives.
The FPA is one of America’s leading non-partisan organizations in the field of public education and world affairs. Founded in 1918, the Foreign Policy Association serves as a catalyst for developing awareness, understanding of, and providing informed opinions on global issues. Each year during the World Leadership Forum, the FPA acknowledges one company for its dedication to social responsibility. Recent recipients include David Cote, CEO of Honeywell; Robert Lane, CEO of John Deere & Co; Patricia Woertz, CEO of Archer Daniels Midland (ADM); Fred Goodwin, group chief executive Royal Bank of Scotland; Lord John Browne, group chief executive, BP; Hank McKinnell, chairman of the board and chief executive officer, Pfizer, Inc.; and Daniel Bouton, chairman, Societe Generale.
“It’s an honor for me to accept this prestigious award on behalf of the thousands of company personnel that work every day to make our impact on the planet lighter and our communities better,“ said SC Johnson Chairman and CEO Fisk Johnson. “My Dad once said, our communities should be a better place as a result of our being there. This is something that we’ve cared passionately about for decades and I hope our actions illustrate our continued strong commitment to the environment.”
“We are pleased to recognize SC Johnson for its excellent corporate citizenship,” said Noel V. Lateef, president and CEO of the Foreign Policy Association.
SC Johnson’s Commitment to Social Responsibility
SC Johnson has a wide variety of efforts to drive global development and growth that benefit the people around us and the planet we all share. From exceptional philanthropy, volunteerism and education to new business models that bring economic growth to the world’s poorest communities, we’re helping to create stronger communities for families around the globe. For example:
* The company continued to lead the industry by increasing its transparency and further demonstrating our commitment to doing what’s right with the voluntary launch of our innovative ingredient disclosure initiative which openly communicates product ingredients, including fragrances, dyes and preservatives.
* SC Johnson continued to make strides using its patented Greenlist™ process, with use of “Better” and “Best” rated materials increasing to 47 percent of total materials.
* Through cogeneration with landfill gas, wind power and biofuels, almost 36 percent of SC Johnson’s total electricity usage worldwide came from renewable energy.
* SC Johnson continued to educate about malaria, dengue and other insect-borne diseases, including joining the Global Business Coalition on HIV/Aids, tuberculosis and malaria, and working as part of the Clinton Global Initiative.
* The company’s base of the pyramid efforts in Kenya and other countries continued, and it has kicked off a supply chain initiative with Rwandan pyrethrum farmers and the Borlaug Institute at Texas A&M.
* SC Johnson continued to provide valued support to the communities where we operate, with our 10-year cumulative giving surpassing $180 million.
* The company sets aside 5 percent of pre-tax profits globally for corporate giving – nearly four times the average – and works with partners, such as Conservation International. Around the world, our subsidiary companies contribute an average of 2 percent of pre-tax profits and partner with local foundations.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.