Canon launches global Managed Document Services initiative
New global support for the creation and management of high-quality, consistent document input-output environments
TOKYO, Canon Inc. announced today the launch of Canon Managed Document Services (Canon MDS), a common global service designed to assist customers in more effectively managing their document input-output environments and document processes.
Until now, Canon regional sales organizations had been responsible for delivering Managed Print Services (MPS) within their national and regional markets, contributing to improved productivity and reduced costs for customers through the building and operation of optimized output environments in offices and Centralized Reprographic Departments (CRD). Through the new initiative, Canon will effectively leverage these MPS while simultaneously unifying and standardizing the companyís menu of services, providing optimized service as ďCanon MDSĒ for customers in each region. By delivering a range of high-quality, consistent services globally, particularly for global enterprises with operations all over the world, Canon aims to provide new added value by enabling customers to take advantage of better operational performance, lower costs and improved workflow efficiencies leading to higher customer satisfaction.
While Canon MDS offers compatibility with a wide range of input-output devices, including those of other manufacturers, Canonís latest imageRUNNER ADVANCE Series of color multifunction office systems, featuring improved remote-management capabilities, makes possible optimal end-user input-output environments.
With regard to the rollout of Canon MDS, the company is expanding the infrastructure that will provide the foundation for the delivery of service worldwide while also accelerating the development of new service menu offerings. The company will also expand Canon MDS sales and support staff at each regional sales organization and establish essential training systems. In support of these efforts, the company plans to invest approximately 20 billion yen over the next three years.
Canon MDS will be launched initially in North America and Europe and expanded globally to include Japan, Asia and Oceania with the goal of achieving sales revenue of over 100 billion yen for the entire Canon group in 2012.
Through the provision of high-quality, consistent service to effectively meet the needs of customers, from global enterprises operating worldwide to the individual divisions of small and mid-sized businesses, Canon will continue working to deliver increased business efficiency and new added value.
Major Features of Canon MDS
* High-quality and consistent service delivery based on consistent global services menu
* Improved service efficiency through enhanced infrastructure and tools
* Use of Canonís extensive selection of input-output devices, including the imageRUNNER ADVANCE Series
MPS Market Trends
In 2008, the scale of the worldwide MPS market was approximately 1 trillion yen, with that in Japan reaching approximately 30 billion yen. Demand within this market is expected to remain strong, realizing continued double-digit growth globally as well as in the domestic Japanese market.
Overview of Major Features
1. Five-phase consistent global menu
* Canon MDS comprises five phases, with menus for each phase to ensure maximum benefit for customers. By repeating the five-phase cycle, Canon MDS enables the realization of cost savings, added value and customer satisfaction.
1) Discover and Analyze
Identify and analyze existing output and workflow environment characteristics and usage status
Propose improvement (introduction) plan for optimal device placement and workflow based on analysis
3) Deploy and Transition
Install devices, introduce systems, and carry out user training based on the improvement (introduction) plan
4) Support and Manage
Operate and maintain systems
5) Evaluate and Review
Aggregate, analyze and report results, including usage status and operational costs, and present plan for further improvement
2. Enhanced infrastructure and tools
* Canon MDS enables the optimization of existing infrastructures and tools, making possible an infrastructure supporting the aggregation of output volume through the monitoring of device status from a remote location, and tools for the central control of device settings and job management.
* To provide services designed to match user environments, Canon will also build a delivery platform, which will include an infrastructure with reporting capabilities
3. Use of Canonís extensive selection of input-output devices
Canon MDS supports most Canon and non-Canon multifunction office systems and laser beam printers. When used in conjunction with Canonís latest imageRUNNER ADVANCE Series, Canon MDS offers customers additional cost savings through inter-device operability and integration.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.