Telestream Episode Exploits the Power of Matrox MAX Technology to Deliver H.264 HD Files Faster Than Realtime
IBC 2009 - Amsterdam . — Matrox® Video Products Group today announced that Matrox MAX technology can now be used to accelerate H.264 encoding with Telestream Episode Encoder desktop applications on the Mac. Matrox MAX technology is available in the Matrox CompressHD accelerator card and the Matrox MXO2 family of I/O devices.
“Users rely on Episode Encoder for their H.264 encoding needs,” said Barbara DeHart, VP of marketing at Telestream. “Episode support for Matrox MAX hardware acceleration devices now enables even faster H.264 HD encoding on a Mac.”
“Matrox MAX technology is all about speed and workflow efficiency,” said Alberto Cieri, senior director of sales and marketing at Matrox. “For example, creating a 20 minute H.264 file from a XDCAM HD source typically takes about 41 minutes with Episode on an 8-core Mac Pro. Using Matrox MAX technology, that same deliverable can be generated in 16 minutes. Matrox MAX technology is a must-have for anyone creating content today.”
Telestream products will be demonstrated at IBC 2009 on stand 7.C19. The Matrox products will be demonstrated on stand 7.B29.
Key features of Matrox MAX technology
* Faster than realtime creation of H.264 files, for resolutions ranging from iPod to HD, at bitrates up to 50 Mbps
* A specialized, dedicated hardware processor liberates system resources for other tasks
* Accelerated encoding for Blu-ray, Apple TV, YouTube, Flash, web formats, and mobile devices including iPhone and iPod from various video sources including 2K files
* Direct integration with Apple Compressor and Telestream Episode to simplify workflow
* Creation of Blu-ray H.264 files that can be authored in Adobe Encore CS4 or Roxio Toast 10 and burned without re-encoding
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.