Etere S.r.l. Exploits the Power of Matrox DSX Developer Products
IBC 2009 – Amsterdam . — Matrox® Video Products Group today announced that leading Italian software developer and system integrator Etere S.r.l. has chosen the Matrox DSX developer products as the core of the Etere MTX media environment. Etere MTX is a complete solution for broadcast television stations and post facilities that offers integrated modules for ingest, news automation, archiving, media asset management, scheduling, traffic management, programs management, workflow management, and web interface management.
“We chose the Matrox DSX platform as the basis for Etere MTX because it supports a wide range of video formats,” said Fabio Gattari, MTX project coordinator at Etere. “It also allows graphics and video effects to be generated in real time. With Etere MTX we can deliver a unique integrated product, based on standard hardware, to manage all the activities of a TV station more efficiently and less expensively.”
At IBC 2009, the Etere product line will be demonstrated on stand 8.B89. The Matrox DSX product line will be demonstrated on stand 7.B29.
About Matrox DSX Developer Products
The Matrox DSX product line combines a full range of professional audio and video hardware components with a comprehensive, continually evolving Software Development Kit (SDK) that enables OEMs and developers to create a wide variety of cost-effective products. Applications include ingest/playout servers, broadcast graphics systems, NLE systems, automation and master control units, and medical media servers. The open-architecture Matrox DSX developer products leverage scalable CPU and GPU power in conjunction with high performance hardware to lead the industry in I/O density, native codec support, file format versatility, and on-board processing capability.
Key features of Matrox DSX platforms
* Modular architecture gives developers the flexibility to meet technical and price targets
* Multi-channel HD and SD video/audio I/O support from a single card (including 3 Gb/s for 1080p)
* Extensive native codec support in HD and SD including DV, D10 for IMX, HDV, DVCPRO HD, MPEG-2 4:2:2, MPEG-2 4:2:2:4 YUVA, MPEG HD for XDCAM HD, MPEG HD422 for XDCAM HD422, AVC-Intra for P2, and H.264
* Cross platform file format support including MXF, MOV, AVI, MPG, and more
* Multi-layer on-board HD scaling/compositing
* Professional realtime effects including sub-pixel 2D/3D DVE, color correction, chroma/luma keying, graphics overlay, smooth speed changes, and more
* Application development support by a team of dedicated, experienced engineers
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.