Vodafone Extends Popular Own Branded Device Range With Eight New Devices In Time For Christmas
* Vodafone partners with CRYSTALLIZED™ - Swarovski Elements to produce an exclusive, stylish addition to the Vodafone 533 Catwalk Collection
* Launch of Vodafone’s own branded touchscreen devices
* Opening up internet access to more customers with affordable devices giving customers internet on the go
Vodafone today announces eight new additions to its own branded consumer devices, building on the success of over 20 million handsets shipped so far under the Vodafone brand.
Patrick Chomet, Group Director of Terminals for Vodafone said: “I am delighted to be adding further diversity to the Vodafone own branded device range. From fashion-influenced mobiles to business tools, these new handsets will give our customers stylish, contemporary and great value choices.This new range of mobile phones will offer features such as a touchscreen experience and services like the mobile internet to a broad base of both European pre-pay customers and customers in emerging markets, many of whom will be using them for the first time.”
As part of Vodafone’s strategy to constantly improve the cost and efficiency of its own branded handsets, Vodafone has selected MediaTek chipsets for two of the new devices. The strategic partnership with MediaTek provides Vodafone with the opportunity to offer the Vodafone 340 camera phone at a very affordable price as well as its first entry level, low cost touchscreen device for prepaid customers – the Vodafone 541 – all without compromising our rigid quality standards.
Vodafone Catwalk Collection
Stylish additions to the Vodafone 533 Catwalk Collection
Three new designs are being added to the popular slider phone Vodafone 533 Catwalk Collection:
* - ‘Red’ - a version in vibrant metallic red to add to the five trendy colours introduced in Spring 2009
* - ‘Lady’ - a fashion conscious mobile phone. A stunning handset depicting an artist’s impression of girls about town, created by Berlin-based artist Tomek Sadurski
* - The exclusive ‘Crystal’ – a unique fashion accessory and perfect Christmas gift. The result of a collaboration between Vodafone and CRYSTALLIZED™ which has employed cutting-edge technology to embed the crystals directly into the sleek black slider case during its manufacturing process. A special coating guarantees the brilliance and total integration of the crystals into the handset. The CRYSTALLIZED™ logo is discretely placed on the reverse side of the phone and an exciting CRYSTALLIZED™ Swarovski Elements animation appears on the screen when the phone is activated
The Vodafone 541 Touch is Vodafone’s first ever entry level touchscreen phone. With its appealing, fresh design it addresses young pre-pay customers across Vodafone’s global footprint and will launch over the course of the coming months.
The higher specification Vodafone 840 Touch has a larger screen and 3G connectivity. Together these devices demonstrate Vodafone’s commitment to meet customer needs for contemporary devices with great value offerings.
Extending access to the mobile internet
Access to the mobile internet is more accessible than ever through new, exclusive, affordable devices offering internet on the go. Options include Opera Mini optimised internet browsing on the Vodafone 540 and Vodafone 340, and 3G connectivity on the Vodafone 1240 and Vodafone 840.
Notes to editors
(1) Phone specification details:
Vodafone 340 A 2.5G entry-level candy bar device, this is the most affordable camera phone in the range, with a neat and inviting design. The VGA camera handset has a direct access camera key, 1.8 inch display, FM radio, messaging services including MMS and email and Opera Mini for mobile internet access. Depending on the market the all black device comes with a set of exchangeable back covers in white and pink.
Vodafone 533 This slider phone is ideal for customers who want a stylish, great value mobile with a built-in 1.3 megapixel camera, MMS, FM radio, MP3 player, Bluetooth and external memory slot. The refresh adds three new designs – Crystal, Lady and Red - to the successful Catwalk Collection.
Vodafone 540 A great all-round multimedia device in candy bar style. Its strong, slim metallic design has a 2 inch TFT colour display, 2 megapixel camera with video, messaging services including SMS, MMS and email, Opera Mini access to internet services and multimedia features that include MP3, AAC and FM radio. The 540 will launch in Europe with a focus on pre-pay.
Vodafone 541 The ‘2G Touch’ tablet device has a 2.4 inch QVGA colour screen, supports finger touch UI and features a 1.3 megapixel camera with video recorder, SMS and MMS messaging services, FM radio and WAP mobile internet browsing with more besides. The device will be available in black and pink, followed later by white and red. The phone will be available on pre-pay in Europe.
Vodafone 840 The 3G Touch comes with a 2.8 inch QVGA display with finger touch UI, a 2 megapixel camera and multimedia capabilities, including music player and 3G connectivity for mobile internet browsing. This device will come in sandy silver followed by pink and white.
Vodafone 1240 This qwerty candy bar with Visto push email is a great entry level business device which boasts a 262k colour QVGA landscape screen and a 2 megapixel camera, as well as 3G HSDPA. The device comes in black.
(2) Images and full device specifications of the Crystal can be accessed at the following URL: http://www.vodafone.com/crystal
Vodafone is the world’s leading international mobile communications group with approximately 315 million proportionate customers as at 30 June 2009. Vodafone currently has equity interests in 31 countries across five continents and around 40 partner networks worldwide. For more information, please visit www.vodafone.com
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.