100,000 Central Arkansas Living Units Benefit from Video Choice with AT&T U-Verse TV
Little Rock, Arkansas.- Video competition has reached Central Arkansas consumers in a big way, making it possible for more residents and their televisions to cut ties with cable. AT&T* today announced that AT&T U-verseSM services are now available to approximately 100,000 living units across the Central Arkansas area — just one year after launching in the market.
Since introducing AT&T U-verse in Little Rock in September 2008, AT&T has continually made the service available to more customers on an ongoing basis. AT&T U-verse TV, U-verse High Speed Internet and U-verse Voice services are available today in the Central Arkansas cities of Little Rock, North Little Rock, Benton, Cammack Village, Conway, Maumelle and Sherwood.
“Consumers clearly recognize the value of having a choice,” said Ed Drilling, president - AT&T Arkansas. “It’s exciting to work with city leaders to bring Arkansans more choices and more products as we continue to invest in our wired and wireless networks.”
“Now even more consumers can forget about cable and see what the AT&T U-verse experience is all about,” said Steve Gray, general manager for AT&T Consumer Markets in Arkansas. “Over the past year, we’ve really been able to show Arkansas how U-verse TV is better than cable, and we’ll continue to evolve our services with new features and enhancements that are unmatched by other providers.”
AT&T U-verse TV is the only 100 percent Internet Protocol-based television (IPTV) service offered by a national service provider, making it one of the most dynamic and feature-rich services available today. Since the launch in Central Arkansas, AT&T U-verse has introduced several enhancements to customers at no extra cost including:
* The freedom to watch and playback recordings from a single DVR on any connected TV in the house with Total Home DVR. This summer, all U-verse TV customers also received a new Total Home DVR feature that allows them to schedule and delete recordings from any U-verse receiver in the home.
* Continuous additions to the U-verse TV High Definition (HD) channel lineup, which now offers access to more than 110 HD channels — more than the local cable providers.
* The ability to check the current weather conditions and forecasts in any U.S. city with Weather On Demand.
* The ability to manage their fantasy teams right from their U-verse TV with Yahoo! Sports Fantasy Football. The app allows customers to simply and conveniently track your fantasy football team and receive customized information on the AT&T U-bar.
* College Basketball from Yahoo! Sports, which gives basketball fans the ability to view tournament brackets, their personalized completed bracket, game summaries and box scores, and video clips of game analysis and commentary through the AT&T U-bar during college basketball season.
* The 2009 Masters app, which provided an up to date Leaderboard, player scorecards, stats and bios, news updates, tournament photos and more during the 2009 tournament.
* A 20 percent speed increase for AT&T U-verse Internet Max customers from up to 10 Mbps to up to 12 Mbps downstream.
* Continued enhancements to the U-verse Web and Mobile Remote Access applications to deliver more functionality and a new user interface.
On Aug. 30, AT&T introduced a new “Buy Two, Get One Free” offer for new U-verse customers in the Central Arkansas area. New customers who bundle U-verse TV (package U200 or above) with either AT&T wireless service (Nation 450 plan or above, for new or renewing customers) or U-verse Voice Unlimited will receive U-verse High Speed Internet Pro free for six months — a $30 monthly discount for a total savings of $180.
U-verse TV customers can also enjoy several other TV benefits, the ability to program DVR recordings from your Web-connected mobile phone or PC; personalized, on-screen weather, sports, traffic and stock information via AT&T U-bar; the ability to view personal photos on your TV that you have uploaded to flickr.com; and more.
AT&T U-verse customers enjoy quadruple-play integration, enhanced features and greater value, all made possible by IP technology. For additional information on AT&T U-verse - or to find out if it’s available in your area - visit http://uverse.att.com, call 1-800-ATT-2020 or visit a local AT&T location in Central Arkansas.
*AT&T products and services are provided or offered by subsidiaries and affiliates of AT&T Inc. under the AT&T brand and not by AT&T Inc.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.