Unitrends Lowers Data Protection Cost-Per-Terabyte With New Recovery-710
New Rapid Recovery Appliance Frees SMBs from the Constraints of
Traditional Licensing Strategies
COLUMBIA, S.C., August 25, 2009 – Small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) with heterogeneous infrastructures, including those moving to VMware/SAN environments, now have a lower cost, higher capacity option for data protection and recovery. The new Unitrends Recovery-710, released today, provides greater storage capacity, outstanding performance, and dramatically lowers cost-per-terabyte compared to competitive offerings. Best, it gives users complete freedom from storage license or client limits.
“Today’s virtualized environments cannot obtain the data protection and disaster recovery functionality they need using a traditional SAN,” said Duncan McPherson, chief executive officer, Unitrends. “SANs often fail to protect ‘orphaned’ servers running a different operating system and cannot adequately support a company’s compliance strategy in support of increasing regulations. The Recovery-710 meets these needs while providing an economical alternative to a VM/SAN environment. It includes a radically simple licensing approach that gives users freedom to store as much on the device as they wish until the physical capacity is full.”
Designed specifically for SMBs with a mix of hardware (servers, desktop PC, notebooks), operating systems, applications, storage (DAS, NAS, SAN) and virtualization, the Recovery-710 features powerful quad-core processors, 8GB of RAM and an advanced RAID architecture for maximum protection and flexibility. The Recovery-710 also packs 3TB of raw disk capacity into a small 1U rack-mount appliance for protection of as much as 6-12TB of user data with standard in-line compression. This makes the effective cost-per-TB as little as $800, significantly less than that of traditional data deduplication vendors or SANs.
The new rack mount Recovery-710 also offers the following key features:
• Radically simple licensing. The Recovery-710 offers complete freedom from client- and storage-based licensing, so the only constraint is the physical capacity of the device.
• Multiple appliance scalability with “single pane of glass” management. Multiple on-premise appliances may be used to respond to customer’s IT infrastructure growth and to respond to increasingly more aggressive backup window requirements – all managed in a centralized, sophisticated yet simple Web 2.0 user interface.
• Advanced AES 256-bit encryption. Advanced inline encryption offloads encryption processing from the customer’s IT infrastructure.
• Advanced inline compression. Advanced inline compression offers a typical 200% to 400% or higher data reduction; this means instant higher retention with no compression overhead on the customer’s IT infrastructure.
• VMware vSphere and Hyper-V support. From support of VMware’s Data Recovery virtual appliance to VCB to VSS to agent-based GOS support, the Recovery-710 provides broad support for virtual machine environments.
• Integrated advanced hardware and software notification system. Integrated, comprehensive alerts, SNMP, and e-mail notification system for hardware and software event management.
• Optional eSATA- and USB-based archiving. Optional eSATA archiving supporting D2D2D (Disk-to-Disk-to-Disk) rotational archiving.
The fully-integrated Recovery-710 is available now with pricing starting at $9,995. For more information, please visit http://www.unitrends.com .
Unitrends is a leading provider of innovative, integrated solutions that protect and restore critical data and systems. Unitrends’ family of disk-to-disk backup appliances provides unmatched protection and rapid recovery of lost systems, applications and data. The company’s local backup and off-site vaulting appliances eliminate the need for multi-vendor software and hardware, and deliver an integrated solution that is affordable for small- and medium-sized enterprises. Information about Unitrends can be found at http://www.unitrends.com.
- Contact Information
- Erin Jones
- Media Contact
- Contact via E-mail
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.