Embarcadero Technologies Launches ER/Studio 8.5 Beta Testing Program
SAN FRANCISCO – Sept. 1, 2009 – Embarcadero Technologies, Inc. is now offering data architects, database administrators (DBAs), developers and analysts the opportunity to test the latest edition of Embarcadero’s award-winning design and modeling tool suite, ER/Studio® Enterprise.
ER/Studio Enterprise 8.5 includes many new process, data and application modeling capabilities, including:
• Enhanced and Integrated Repository. Align business and IT with a common set of modeling tools to understand and design process, conceptual, physical and logical models in a collaborative, integrated and secure environment.
• New UML Modeling Tool. Model software applications in a design-driven environment supporting UML 2.0, OCL, patterns, quality assurance audits and metrics, import/export, and automated documentation generation.
• Additional Visual Data Lineage Capabilities. Visualize, document and report data flows through the organization without inspecting code using advanced data visualization features.
• Round-trip Commenting and Object Labeling. Automate model validations and review with web 2.0 technologies like bi-directional commenting between ER/Studio Data Architect and Portal and object labeling within the ER/Studio Portal.
• Improved Repository Performance. The Repository offers dramatically improved performance, making model checking in/out, retrieving and updating diagrams much faster.
• DBMS Currency. Platform-specific updates for the latest editions of Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, InterBase, Teradata and Firebird.
• Expanded Export Features. Powerful and sophisticated reporting facilities enable users to create and share models and metadata in HTML, RTF, PNG, GIF and JPEG formats.
For more information about the ER/Studio Enterprise 8.5 beta testing program, visit https://beta.embarcadero.com/signup/default.html?sid=%7bAB0E7DE1-E0E3-46E5-9743-96DFA53773BE%7d&cid=%7b5FE6822F-5E63-4BE4-825B-9DD55FDCB0BB%7d.
About Embarcadero Technologies
Embarcadero Technologies, Inc. is a leading provider of award-winning tools for application developers and database professionals so they can design systems right, build them faster and run them better, regardless of their platform or programming language. Ninety of the Fortune 100 and an active community of more than three million users worldwide rely on Embarcadero products to increase productivity, reduce costs, simplify change management and compliance and accelerate innovation. Founded in 1993, Embarcadero is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices located around the world. Embarcadero is online at www.embarcadero.com.
Embarcadero, the Embarcadero Technologies logos and all other Embarcadero Technologies product or service names are trademarks or registered trademarks of Embarcadero Technologies, Inc. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.
- Contact Information
- Michelle Chase
- Media Contact
- Chase Communications
- Contact via E-mail
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.