Marriott Resorts Hawaii Kicks Off "Tweet Yourself to Hawaii" Social Media Contest
Contests Using Twitter, Facebook and YouTube to Give Away Free Trips to Islands!
It’s not too late to visit Hawaii in 2009! Marriott Resorts Hawaii (www.marriotthawaii.com / @MarriottHawaii) and its partners, Hawaii Visitors and Convention Bureau, Hawaiian Airlines and Hertz, are making it easy by giving away free trips to the Hawaiian Islands with the “Tweet Yourself to Hawaii” sweepstakes. Designed to promote the islands through social media networks, this innovative and creative viral campaign coincides with Hawaii’s 50th anniversary of statehood.
Starting today, U.S. social media enthusiasts have two ways to win free trips to Hawaii aboard Hawaiian Airlines with stays at Marriott hotels in Hawaii:
· 25 all-expense paid trips for two to a designated Marriott resort on Kauai, Oahu, Maui, or Hawaii’s Big Island by simply submitting a Twitter handle, Facebook connection or email address;
· A Hawaii “tweetup” (meet-up for Twitterers) for one winner and 11 of his/her friends or family members by submitting a video describing why he/she loves Hawaii.
The contest web site is www.marriotthawaiitweets.com.
25 Trips for Two
People can enter by visitng www.marriotthawaiitweets.com and providing an email address, their Twitter handle and/or a Facebook connection. 25 randomly selected winners will each receive:
· Roundtrip for two on Hawaiian Airlines from any of its eight U.S. West Coast gateway cities: Seattle, Portland, Sacramento, Oakland, San Francisco, San Jose, Los Angeles and San Diego.
· A five-night stay at one of Marriott resorts in Hawaii: JW Marriott Ihilani Resort & Spa, Waikiki Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, Kauai Marriott Resort & Beach Club, Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa or Waikoloa Beach Marriott Resort & Spa.
· Rental car, courtesy of Hertz.
· $100 per day resort dining credit.
· Access to fun activities and attractions on all islands.
· All trips must be completed by December 20, 2009.
One winner will be randomly selected to win a trip to the designated island of that day. The first drawing will occur on Friday, August 28, 2009 at 9:00 a.m. HST. Subsequent drawings will happen at 9:00 a.m. HST every Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday over the next eight weeks (including Labor Day, September 7), ending on Wednesday, October 21, 2009.
Announcements of all winners will be made over Twitter from @MarriottHawaii and on Marriott Resorts Hawaii’s Facebook page. The winner will also be notified via the email address entered. The selected winner will have up to 48 hours from the time of the selection to claim the prize. If he/she does not claim or accept the prize, a new winner will be drawn.
“Tweetup” in Hawaii for 12
This contest requires people to submit a video that best showcase why they love Hawaii. The public will be asked to judge on their favorite from a selection of finalists. The one with the most votes will receive:
· Roundtrip for winner and 11 friends/family, courtesy of Hawaiian Airlines from any of its U.S. West Coast gateway cities.
· Seven-night stay at any two Marriott resorts in Hawaii.
· One luau dinner and show.
· Commemorative Hawaii state quarter.
· Keepsake group photo.
· 25,000 Marriott Rewards Points for winner.
Entrants can submit their YouTube video link to www.marriotthawaiitweets.com by December 20, 2009. Upon review, Marriott Resorts Hawaii will post them on the contest web site for viewing. In January 2010, a select number of the best fan videos will be posted for public judging, with the highest vote-getter winning the free Hawaiian tweetup for them and 11 friends/family members.
For contest rules, terms and conditions, please visit www.marriotthawaiitweets.com. For announcements, please follow @MarriottHawaii on Twitter or become a fan of Marriott Resorts Hawaii on Facebook.
For reservations, please visit marriott.com, or toll free within the U.S. and Canada at 1-800-228-9290, or your nearest Marriott Worldwide reservations office in your country.
*The contests are not approved, sponsored or endorsed by Twitter, Inc., Facebook or YouTube.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.