Texas Instruments unveils three new multi-channel video decoders that deliver superior picture quality for video surveillance end equipments
Capture four channels of video with new TVP515x devices featuring auto contrast control and video noise filtering for market leading video decode performance
HOUSTON .- Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) (NYSE:TXN) today introduced the new TVP5158, TVP5157 and TVP5156 multi-channel NTSC/PAL video decoders that deliver superior picture quality. The new devices feature advanced 2D adaptive comb filter core and image enhancement techniques, such as auto contrast and video noise filtering. With the ability to simultaneously decode four channels of video input, the new TVP515x solutions are ideal for video surveillance and video conferencing designs that require multiple-channels of decoding in a cost- and space-efficient manner. These applications include multi-channel digital video recorders (DVR), digital video servers (DVS), hybrid DVRs, cameras for video conferencing and digital signage products. Additionally, flexible video outputs on the TVP5158 and seamless interface to TI digital media processors based on DaVinci™ technology (TMS320DM6467 and TMS320DM365) reduce system cost by up to $10 by eliminating the need for an external FPGA. For product details, please click here.
TVP5158, TVP5157 and TVP5156 key features and benefits:
* Four high-quality NTSC/PAL video decoders on each TVP515x chip can concurrently decode four video channels and then stream a single output to the DSP, enabling customers to benefit from a lower cost per channel
* High-quality five-line adaptive comb filter algorithms for all NTSC/PAL standards
* Multi-chip operation with two TVP5158 devices allow for simultaneous eight channel half D1 or eight channel CIF output
* Auto contrast improves image quality under poor lighting conditions and off-loads processing from the associated DSP, giving customers more headroom to implement other algorithms
* Video noise reduction with 2D spatial filtering improves image quality and compression ratio under poor lighting conditions for better storage compression
Pricing and availability
The three video decoders are available for sampling and priced as follows: TVP5158 for $8.25, TVP5157 for $7.75 and TVP5156 for $7.25 (1,000 units). An evaluation module will be available in 4Q09.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.