Rockwell Collins Pro Line Fusion™ undergoes first customer test flight on Global Express XRS
CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa.- Rockwell Collins announced its Pro Line Fusion™ avionics system has successfully completed the first Bombardier test flight on a Global Express XRS* aircraft. The company’s next-generation avionics system, Pro Line Fusion, is the centerpiece of Bombardier’s new Global Vision* flight deck. Rockwell Collins also serves as the avionics systems integrator for the Global Vision flight deck on Bombardier’s Global family of long-range and ultra long-range business jets - the Global Express XRS* and the Global 5000* aircraft.
“This is a very rewarding milestone for Pro Line Fusion,” said Greg Irmen, vice president and general manager of Business and Regional Systems at Rockwell Collins. “The Pro Line Fusion development continues to make great progress as evidenced by this very successful maiden flight of Bombardier’s Global Express XRS. This flight is the culmination of many months of hard work and dedication, and we send our whole-hearted congratulations to members of both teams.”
The five-hour test flight was conducted at Bombardier’s Downsview facility in Toronto, Ontario, on Monday, Aug. 3. Pro Line Fusion capabilities tested during this first flight included the high resolution LCD display system with integrated cursor control, radio tuning for communication, navigation and surveillance system, flight management system, and autopilot.
Bombardier’s new Global Vision* flight deck includes the following standard Pro Line Fusion features:
* Four high resolution 15-inch diagonal LCD displays working in concert with the Rockwell Collins HGS-6000 Head-Up Guidance Systems (HGS®)
* High Resolution Terrain Map
* Synthetic Vision with Bombardier’s Enhanced Vision System (BEVS)
* Rockwell Collins MultiScanTM Weather Radar
* Advanced human machine interface including Graphical Flight Planning capability
* Integrated Flight Information Systems (IFIS) with electronic charts and enhanced maps
* Future Air Navigation System Controller-Pilot Data Link Communication (FANS CPDLC)
* Triple Advanced Flight Management Systems with Wide Area Augmentation System Localizer Precision Vertical (WAAS/LPV) and Required Navigation Performance (RNP) capabilities
* Rockwell Collins TSS-4100 Traffic Surveillance System with Automatic Dependent Surveillance Broadcast (ADS-B) capabilities
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.