EMC Helps Customers with E-discovery
Integrated Solution to Help Customers Address Challenges Around Today’s Inefficient and Expensive Legal Discovery Process
Hopkinton, Mass.-Monday, February 27, 2006, EMC Corporation, the world leader in information management and storage, today introduced the EMC eDiscovery Solution, an integrated offering of EMC information and content management software, networked storage and professional services designed to help customers of all sizes better manage the legal discovery process. The solution provides a cost-effective alternative to reactive and time-consuming litigation-response methods, giving customers a proactive model that delivers cost savings, risk reduction and increased responsiveness for current and future litigation events.
The EMC eDiscovery Solution combines EMC professional services with e-mail archiving and content management software and tiered networked storage platforms. The integrated solution enables customers to automate information collection and archiving, avoid a “save-everything” strategy, enforce litigation retention requirements, maintain chain of custody and reduce the universe of documents sent for legal review. As the first information management and storage company to deliver an integrated solution for proactive e-discovery, EMC continues to help customers cost-effectively manage and leverage information as it changes value throughout its lifecycle.
EMC customer MasterCard International has relied on EMC to provide information management and storage solutions that help drive a proactive e-discovery strategy. James Hull, Vice President of Engineering Services, said, “EMC’s technology and service offerings have allowed us to implement an enterprise strategy, coherently divided into digestible pieces, to address e-discovery and e-records management challenges at their core – with proactive information management.”
Andrew Cohen , EMC’s Associate General Counsel and Compliance Practice Lead, said, “e-Discovery affects all enterprise customers, with many spending as much as $1 million or more on e-discovery in a single large investigation or lawsuit. The EMC eDiscovery Solution allows a company to reduce such costs by conducting automated searches and data collections across repositories and to effect litigation holds. The solution helps customers improve the discovery process and help manage content throughout its lifecycle – especially when the value of information peaks during legal discovery requests. With a portfolio that spans specialized professional services, content management, e-mail archiving and purpose-built storage systems, EMC provides a proactive e-discovery solution that delivers infrastructure benefits and value far beyond the lifecycle of a single litigation event.”
The EMC eDiscovery Solution is an extension of EMC Technology Solution’s growing professional services portfolio, which includes consulting, implementation and managed services. The following professional services are available to assist customers with planning, design and implementation of their e-discovery solution:
* Classification and Policy Services
* Records Management Assessment Service
* E-mail Policy Assessment and Gap Analysis
* E-mail Archiving Assessment Services
* e-Discovery Solution Sizing
* E-mail Archiving Solution Implementation
* Tape Restoration and Migration Planning
* Data Erasure Service
With these services, the EMC eDiscovery Solution brings together the following industry-leading EMC products:
* EMC EmailXtender archiving software to automate e-mail capture, retention and repository search
* EMC Documentum Enterprise Content Integration Services software to achieve federated search and data collection across disparate content silos
* EMC Documentum Enterprise Content Management platform software to deliver legal hold as well as content, records and legal-matter management
* EMC Centera and EMC CLARiiON networked storage platforms to assure content accessibility and integrity
Features and benefits of the EMC eDiscovery Solution include:
* EMC Technology Solutions – delivers strategic consultative, professional services for customers, providing expert advice about strategy, architecture and operational improvements. EMC leverages its proven expertise and best practices to deliver implementation and migration services in a modular fashion as well as management options with a selection of managed services and residency services. These services help customers align IT to business requirements, including classification and policy, IT service management, information protection and infrastructure consolidation.
* Automated e-mail capture – With EMC EmailXtender’s automated capture and creation of a searchable index of e-mail messages, customers can lower costs of legal discovery by eliminating outsourced data processing, eliminating collection-related costs and reducing content sent for legal review.
* Federated search – Granular and configurable search that can span multiple content repositories to search and import matter-relevant content into the matter management system.
This functionality searches and extracts the actual matter-relevant content and, as a capability of the total solution, mitigates data processing and legal review costs.
* Legal matter management – EMC Documentum enterprise content management capabilities and security features allow a company to manage collected content applicable to the legal matter, cull it, review it and efficiently export it, all while meeting access and security needs.
* Content integrity and fast accessibility – EMC’s tiered networked storage systems enable immediate access to matter-relevant content while ensuring the integrity of that content to reduce discovery costs and legal risks. EMC CLARiiON stores content metadata, ensuring ready access, and EMC Centera content addressed storage houses the actual content, ensuring document integrity, immutability and assured destruction at the end of its lifecycle.
* Unique document identification – EMC Centera creates a unique identity for each document, demonstrating chain of custody and adding to a defensible e-discovery process.
* Access control and audit trails – Access control lists ensure only authorized access to documents, and audit trails capture information pertaining to chain of custody and individual access, minimizing risk and providing a defensible e-discovery process.
The EMC eDiscovery Solution is immediately available and is priced per customer specifications.
EMC Corporation (NYSE: EMC) is the world leader in products, services and solutions for information management and storage that help organizations extract the maximum value from their information, at the lowest total cost, across every point in the information lifecycle. Information about EMC’s products and services can be found at www.EMC.com.
For more on EMC news, events, and recent media coverage visit the news section of EMC.com. Note to editors: For further information about this release contact EMC Public Relations at firstname.lastname@example.org
EMC, CLARiiON, Documentum, and EmailXtender are registered trademarks, and Centera is a trademark of EMC Corporation. Other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
- Contact Information
- Todd Cadley
- Press Contact
- EMC Corporation
- Contact via E-mail
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.