Executives Reveal Likes And Dislikes Of Business Air Travel In New Survey From Chase Card Services
Executives in New York Metro Area, Cleveland and Houston Name Famous People They Want to Sit By on Next Flight
WILMINGTON, Del.- Top American business executives in three major markets put away their PDAs long enough to disclose their likes and dislikes about the air travel experience, the results of which were announced today in a survey conducted by Continental Airlines [NYSE: CAL] and Chase Card Services, a division of JPMorgan Chase & Co. [NYSE: JPM].
The qualitative survey queried 30 executives at leading companies in Continental’s hub markets - New York Metro, Cleveland and Houston - including BMW of North America, The Sherwin Williams Company, United Water, Jaguar Land Rover North America, Moen and Waste Management, Inc.
“Given today’s global marketplace and 24/7 digital connectivity, many business travelers use travel time as an extension of the office, working in the ticket line and on the plane to get the job done,” said Mark Bergsrud, senior vice president of Marketing and Distribution Planning, Continental Airlines. “Knowing the reality of constant remote work demands, we strive to make the air travel experience for business travelers as hassle-free as possible.”
David Gold, general manager, Chase Card Services, adds: “We recognize what matters for today’s business traveler by constantly keeping a pulse on their attitudes and values. With that in mind, we design our products and services to provide the smoothest and most rewarding air travel experience.”
Insights from Business Executives in New York Metro, Cleveland and Houston
Beyond gathering insights on which famous or not-so-famous individual business travelers were interested in sitting next to on their next flight, the interviews also revealed how executives feel about travel:
* Seatmates - When asked which business leader they would most like to sit next to on their next flight, many business executives named business leaders including, Bill Gates, Steve Jobs and Warren Buffet, and celebrities such as Jay Leno, Oprah Winfrey and Tiger Woods. However, a handful of executives said they’d rather sit next to their own boss - choosing face-time and a chance to discuss their own business and career rather than sit next to a well-known business leader or celebrity.
* On the Plane - Many business leaders use their flights as work time and nearly all say reading material is a must-have, along with their BlackBerry® and iPod® or headset. Business executives aren’t bringing just any books on the plane either - nearly all who say they bring a book specify that it must be a “good” book.
* Long Lines - Business executives want to get in and out quickly. The more express and priority lines they can take advantage of, the better.
* Unnecessary Delays - Waiting and unnecessary delays caused by novice travelers are some of the biggest frustrations for business executives, who know their frequented airports and Transportation Security Administration (TSA) rules inside and out.
A Better Air Travel Experience
Fortunately, for today’s savvy business traveler, choosing an airline credit card that helps improve the travel experience can alleviate many of their travel concerns. Designed for the savvy frequent traveler in mind, the Continental Airlines Presidential Plus World MasterCard from Chase is a ticket to a better travel experience. Cardholders have full-access to Continental’s 25 Presidents Club® locations, and additional partner lounges where available, as well as access to express security lines, priority boarding, elite baggage handling, and first and second bag fee waivers.
Beyond amenities in the airport, the Continental Airlines Presidential Plus World MasterCard offers additional opportunities to maximize savings and secure additional benefits for purchases made during travel, including:
* Enrollment into Hyatt’s Gold Passport® program at the Platinum membership level;
* Eligibility to join an exclusive program with Avis that includes car upgrades, guaranteed vehicle availability without a reservation, access to a members-only reservation line and preferred rates;
* Bonus earnings of two miles per $1 spent on tickets purchased directly from Continental Airlines and on all hotel and car rental purchases, and one mile for every $1 spent on all other purchases.
The qualitative survey queried 30 executives at leading companies based in Continental hub markets - New York Metro, Cleveland and Houston - and included BMW of North America, The Sherwin Williams Company, United Water, Jaguar Land Rover North America, Moen and Waste Management, Inc.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.