AT&T Offers AT&T Managed Security Services in India
Industry-Leading Managed Security Solutions to Help Customers to Preserve Network Integrity, Availability and Confidentially
New Delhi, India, AT&T* today announced that it is now offering AT&T Managed Security Services to multinational corporations in India. These managed solutions help customers assess vulnerabilities, protect infrastructure, detect attacks and respond to suspicious activities and events.
With AT&T Managed Security Services, customers get the benefits of a suite of world-class security services that provide integrated business continuity and security solutions to support their complex networking environments. AT&T helps businesses design, deploy, manage and evolve networks, systems and applications that are reliable and contain security features designed to help protect against cyber attacks and business interruptions.
Specifically, companies in India will now have access to several of AT&T’s leading managed security solutions:
* Premises-Based Firewall: A premises-based firewall service provides firewall protection at the perimeter of the customer’s premises, and enforcement of location specific security policies.
* Network-Based Firewall: A network-based security service that protects customers’ WANs by providing secure inbound and outbound internet access directly into the customer’s WAN providing a consistent enforcement of security policies to all customer locations.
* AT&T Internet Protect®: A security analysis and notification service that offers advanced information regarding potential near real-time attacks (e.g., viruses, worms and distributed denial of service or DDoS attacks) that are designed to be detected in the early formation stages.
* AT&T Private Intranet Protect: An alerting and notification tool designed to analyze traffic on the user’s Virtual Private Network (VPN) and help detect intrusions, cyber-attacks and other potentially threatening identified anomalies.
* My Internet Protect: A security knowledge mining, analysis and notification service for identified threats that enter a customer’s network. It provides enterprise businesses with the tool to analyze and benchmark Internet traffic on their own network.
AT&T security solutions start within the AT&T Global Network, and extend to customers and their applications. AT&T provides both network-based and premises-based security solutions. The network-based approach enables AT&T to efficiently and proactively manage network security issues, redundancy, load balancing and recovery. Alternatively, customers could also choose premises-based solutions to enjoy the flexibility to host the infrastructure within their own premises.
“Our portfolio of managed security offerings is important in fulfilling our goal of providing multinational customers in India with sophisticated tools to protect their vital network infrastructure,” said Gopi Gopinath, chairman and chief executive officer of AT&T Global Network Services India. “This enables businesses to take full advantage of the Internet as a means of enhancing their existing business relationships with customers and suppliers.”
The core focus of AT&T Managed Security Services is to keep networks and applications running – and to help ensure that viruses, worms and other attacks do not impact the network or affect operations. AT&T has invested in developing and applying tools to achieve world-class reliability, security features and business continuity for businesses. Each security service in AT&T’s portfolio provides a different and enhanced layer of protection.
Visit www.att.com/security for more information on AT&T security offerings.
*AT&T products and services are provided or offered by subsidiaries and affiliates of AT&T Inc. under the AT&T brand and not by AT&T Inc.
**The financial equivalent is determined by using $19.51/per volunteer hour, which is based on the industry standard from http://www.independentsector.org/programs/research/volunteer_time.html.
AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T) is a premier communications holding company. Its subsidiaries and affiliates – AT&T operating companies – are the providers of AT&T services in the United States and around the world. With a powerful array of network resources that includes the nation’s fastest 3G network, AT&T is a leading provider of wireless, Wi-Fi, high speed Internet and voice services. AT&T offers the best wireless coverage worldwide, offering the most wireless phones that work in the most countries. It also offers advanced TV services under the AT&T U-verseSM and AT&T | DIRECTVSM brands. The company’s suite of IP-based business communications services is one of the most advanced in the world. In domestic markets, AT&T’s Yellow Pages and YELLOWPAGES.COM organizations are known for their leadership in directory publishing and advertising sales. In 2009, AT&T again ranked No. 1 in the telecommunications industry on FORTUNE® magazine’s list of the World’s Most Admired Companies. Additional information about AT&T Inc. and the products and services provided by AT&T subsidiaries and affiliates is available at http://www.att.com.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.