AMD Delivers and Submits for Certification Industry’s First OpenCL™ Software Development Platform for x86 CPUs
Industry Standard Language for Multi-Core Processors Supports ATI Stream Technology to Enable Improved Computing Performance
Sunnyvale, Calif. - AMD (NYSE: AMD) today announced it is now offering a free OpenCL™ for CPU beta download as part of the ATI Stream SDK v2.0 Beta Program. The beta will help programmers to more easily develop parallel software programs and take further advantage of multi-core x86 CPUs to accelerate software and deliver a better computing experience. AMD has submitted conformance logs from its Microsoft® Windows® and Linux® CPU beta releases to the Khronos Working Group for certification.
* AMD is the first to deliver a beta release of an OpenCL software development platform for x86-based CPUs, highlighting AMD’s commitment to deliver a complete heterogeneous OpenCL development platform for both the CPU and GPU.
* AMD’s OpenCL for CPU beta is a key component of the complete OpenCL development platform included in the next ATI Stream software development kit (SDK), which is expected later in 2009.
* AMD is uniquely positioned to deliver on the potential of OpenCL as the only provider in the industry that designs and delivers both high-performance CPU and GPU technologies. By supporting OpenCL, ATI Stream technology lets developers divide software workloads between different hardware elements, such as the CPU and GPU, to efficiently execute their application.
“By supporting multi-core CPUs and GPUs with our OpenCL environment, AMD gives developers easy access to both processing resources, so they can efficiently write cross-platform applications for heterogeneous architectures with a single programming interface,” said Rick Bergman, senior vice president and general manager, AMD Products Group. “AMD is supporting OpenCL with our ATI Stream SDK as an enabler of wider GPGPU adoption among developers and users.”
* Sign up for the ATI Stream SDK v2.0 Beta Program
* Check out new OpenCL blog posts from AMD, Making the Universe Parallel and OpenCL Changes the Game
* See OpenCL running on four Six-Core AMD Opteron™ processors; OpenCL scales physics simulation application across 24-cores
* More information about ATI Stream technology
Advanced Micro Devices (NYSE: AMD) is an innovative technology company dedicated to collaborating with customers and technology partners to ignite the next generation of computing and graphics solutions at work, home and play. For more information, visit www.amd.com.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.